1. Remember the exhaustion I mentioned earlier in the week? Well, it hit me hard Friday night. I passed out on the couch at 9:30, only to wake up at 8:00 the next morning. Much needed.
2. I think I’m going to change cleaning day from Sunday to Saturday. After doing so this weekend, it just makes sense. Sunday is the day of rest after all! I may even change grocery shopping day to Saturday. We’re living on the edge over here!
3. I met up a college friend for lunch this weekend. We decided to try a restaurant called The Cheese Course. It’s actually a European-style cheese shop that also serves delicious sandwiches and salads.
The restaurant itself is very quaint and super cute. And the menu offers lots of options to choose from. I think I’m going to try a cheese course next time.
I went with the Spanish Field Greens salad this time around. It was really unique – Manchego cheese, orange slices, red onion, black olives, and a honey-tarragon dressing. A must try!
4. Saturday night was game night. Over the course of five hours, we played three different games (all of which were new to me) – Cards Against Humanity, Creationary, and Settlers of Catan.
Cards Against Humanity is SO MUCH FUN! It’s the adult version of Apples to Apples. If you ever do decide to play, make sure you are with people who don’t get easily offended and have a sense of humor. Two musts.
Creationary is essentially Pictionary but with Legos. This game was challenging, but our team ended up doing a great job! Let’s just say it got the creative juices flowing!
And finally, Settlers of Catan. I’m not even going to try explaining this game. Apparently it’s all the rage right now. Sadly, by the time I got the hang of what the heck was going on, it was 1:00 am and time to leave.
5. Sweet potato puffs are awesome.
Sweet potato puff “nachos” are even better.
Not only was this the perfect pre-football Sunday lunch, it was super simple to assemble. Just top baked puffs with beans, salsa, cheese – microwave for 45 seconds or so – top with chopped onion, avocado and spinach. Enjoy!
6. What is it about Whole Foods that turns a stop for frozen Brussels sprouts into something much more. $30 more to be exact.
7. The Falcons lost. Boo.
8. I’m at work today. Grrr… On the bright side, my commute was awesome.
That’s all. Happy Monday! And to those of you who have today off, enjoy!