Holiday season is upon us! Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it. And that means sale upon sale upon sale will be happening too. And of course, I’m not here to tell you how to spend your money. I will be purchasing a few things here and there too!
But what I am here to tell you is while you’re at it, why not use this time to think about investing in YOURSELF! You know, the kind of investment that will fulfill you and make you more joyful not just for a day or a week but for months and maybe even years to come.
Look, I get it. It’s easier to buy material goods because these are things you can see and even return if you later decide to. Investing in yourself takes courage, and it also requires you to put in some work/effort.
I also know that there’s no better time to put yourself high up on your priority list. No one is going to do that for you. It’s been a hell of a couple of years. AND YOU DESERVE IT! You deserve to try something new. You deserve to work on your mindset. You deserve to find systems and tools to help you in your life. You deserve to be healthier – mind, body, and soul.
Say it with me – I deserve to invest in myself! I deserve to have an overflowing cup!
Ok, now that we got that out of the way, here are a few ways you can do this. Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list, but play around with these ideas, think about them some more, and pick a couple of things you want to invest your $$$ in this coming year (or maybe even next Friday!).
And remember, investing in yourself also means investing in your relationship, your family, and your future.
- One-on-one professional coaching – If you’re ready to put in the reflection and action, this is one of the best ways to invest in yourself. Not only will you walk away with ideas to implement in your life to feel fulfilled, but you’ll also walk away with a different mindset, one that leaves you feeling more confident and empowered. Check out the Awarify Coaching website if you want to work with me. Amy is also a fantastic coach who works with working moms!
- The Momsanity FREE Live Event: Celebrating All of Us – This is one of those events that you’ll definitely walk away with feeling less alone. It’s going to be casual but impactful. Amy and I have crafted an agenda that is truly a celebration of all of us, and we hope you make time in your schedule to join us. It’s 100% free, and more importantly, you deserve it!
- Momsanity Group Coaching Program – The cat’s out of the bag! Amy and I will be running a three month group coaching program starting in January 2023. We know it’s going to empower already ambitious moms who want more out of life – more joy, more fun, more fulfillment, etc. We’re going to be running a Black Friday sale, so be on the lookout for more information next week!
- Audible membership – There are so many tools out there to get us to read more. Audible is a GREAT option for those who are on the go and/or those who like to listen to their books. It all counts! And reading/listening of any sort is an investment in your soul!
- Personal development books – Gift yourself some really good books to dive into this coming holiday season/year. Some of my favorites are – Think Like a Monk, Essentialism, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, anything by Brene Brown.
- A book club – And by this I mean, you could start a book club with some of your friends! This is a great way to invest in yourself and your relationships.
- Gym membership – Join a gym. Join Orangetheory. Join a barre studio. Invest in your health in a way that feels fun for you.
- Hire a trainer – To take things to the next level, work with a trainer who can create a plan for you and help you achieve your goals. I have friends whose trainers come to their house. Make it work for you!
- Hire a health coach/nutritionist – Looking to get your health back on track and figure out a system that you can stick to for life? Work with a professional to help you do just that.
- Plan a trip with your significant other – Experiences are often the best kinds of investments, and travel definitely tops the list in my opinion. Take some time and plan a trip or two with your partner. Investing in your relationship pays dividends for years to come and creates a stronger family dynamic too!
- Plan a trip with your friends – Get your best friends on a group chat and plan a trip for y’all to celebrate your friendship! It’s rejuvenating and life giving, AND you’ll carry those memories with you for a long time. And if you think about it, as you get older, these friendships become over more important. Invest in your friends!
Like I said, this isn’t an all inclusive list, but it’s a conversation starter about how we need to fill our cups FIRST! The overflow of our cup is what we can give to others.
What would you add to this list?