The Alpha phase of Focus T25 is OVER! I am so happy because the workouts were starting to get repetitive, and I desperately needed a change.
With that being said, I am currently three workouts in to the Beta phase and holy moly…it’s just a little more intense than the Alpha phase. Just a little. More on that next week!
What week five looked like:
Monday – Total Body Circuit + a 2 mile leisurely post dinner walk
Tuesday – 3.25 mile run
Wednesday – Total Body Circuit
Thursday – Abs interval + 2 mile run
Friday – Total Body Circuit
Saturday – 45 minute treadmill walk (alternating speed and incline)
Sunday – REST!
*For a more detailed explanation of what each workout entails, please read my week one post.
I really wanted to run on Tuesday, so I switched up a couple of workouts to accommodate. I was supposed to do Cardio on Thursday but substituted a run and the Abs workout. I also completely axed the Lower Focus workout that was to follow the Total Body Circuit on Friday…just wasn’t feeling it! The bottom line is that (in my personal opinion) this program is what you make of it!
As far as measurements go, I did measure myself at the end of the week, but there were no major changes. Maybe a quarter to a half inch off here and there. Maybe.
This brings me to what I blogged about last week – my portion control problem. I’ve been paying more attention to my serving sizes and satiety levels, and guess what…the “I think I’m going to blow up” feeling hasn’t happened once. Woot! I’ll share some of my tactics in a later post (want to be sure it’s something I stick with).
And finally, I thought I’d share five random takeaways from the last five weeks.
- It is possible to sweat buckets in just 25 minutes.
- When it comes to changing the look of your body, both diet and exercise obviously matter. However, I’m convinced that diet matters a tiny bit more.
- Your legs and butt will get a major workout in the Alpha phase. I keep asking Vishnu if he thinks my butt looks bigger. He thinks it’s a trick question. Haha.
- It is possible to do Focus T25 and incorporate other forms of exercise. For me this was running, but from the forums I’ve read, others have been fine with additional exercise in the form of weightlifting, spinning, yoga, etc.
- You are a lot stronger than you think. When I started this program, I had no idea how I was going to get through some of the more challenging workouts, but I did…albeit a lot slower than Shaun T., but I did it.
Have a great Wednesday!
And just in case you’re interested in my weekly recaps…