With regards to the title of this post, I’m sharing with y’all in two ways today. First, I’m sharing lots of information about my life (haha), and second, if you stay with me for a few minutes, you’ll see that I’m sharing a pretty little giveaway. Aren’t I so caring?!
First up…my life.
1. The biggest news I have to share is that I took Guinness (Robin and Andy’s adorable dog) for a walk the other day because R & A both had to work late. ALL BY MYSELF! This is HUGE. I used to be terrified of dogs. Even the little ones. But Guinny (as I lovingly call him) has changed that…sort of. I’m no longer afraid, just a little hesitant.
The adventures of Par and Guinny…
2. We are hosting Friendsgiving at our place this Saturday. I’m in charge of making a few side dishes as well as a dessert. I’m planning everything out later today and going to try to avoid the craziness of last weekend. For Vishnu’s sake.
3. I’m going back to Atlanta next week! Honestly, I can’t wait to see my parents and sister, Vishnu’s family, and hopefully some friends! This visit will be a lot different from my last, relaxing and full of laughter I hope.
4. A little less than a week after I get back from Atlanta, I fly out to London for work! SO excited. The majority of the people I communicate with on a daily basis work out of our London office, so it’ll be nice to get to know them and to put faces to names. AND my colleagues have planned a few fun touristy things for us to do while I am there. Woo!
5. I’m currently participating in a 21 day meditation challenge hosted by Oprah and Deepak Chopra. We’re only on day five and I’ve already gained so much. No worries – I’ve been taking lots of notes and have a few thought provoking topics I want to discuss on the blog. More to come!
At this point, the one thing I really struggle with is quieting my mind. We are advised to listen to the audio provided, hence being walked through the entire meditation. I love this. There’s beautiful, soothing music and everything. However, I’m having a hard time focus on the day’s mantra – too many random thoughts floating in and out. They say it gets easier as the challenge goes on…here’s to hoping that’s true!
* * * * *
6. Now for the part of this post that y’all actually care about…the pretty little giveaway!
A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by Blue Nile, an online retailer of fine jewelry, regarding my interest in a special holiday campaign called “Get one, Give one.” They offered to send me my choice of a necklace or a bracelet, while also providing me with a second one to give away to a reader! After looking at the given options, I settled on a beautiful branch necklace.
And I’ve worn it every day since it arrived!
So let’s get to it! If you would like the chance to win your very own branch necklace, leave a comment telling me about something fun going on in your life! The giveaway will close on Sunday at 9:00 pm, and the winner will be announced in Monday’s post!
Have a great Friday!