In the corporate world, regular reviews/check-ins with your boss are both necessary and required. The midyear review is a point of reflection to look at goals, accomplishments, and all that’s left to do.
Since I don’t have a corporate job at the moment, I thought I’d do a little midyear check-in on this blog. If nothing else, it’s a great way for me to reflect on the year so far!
So far in 2022…
- We got Covid!
- My BIL got married
- Kaiden turned 5
- I launched my very own coaching business
- I co-launched a podcast (!!)
- Kaiden and Mila got their first Covid vaccines!
- The most exciting one for me by far is seeing Kaiden grow and transform this year. When we first moved to Atlanta, he had a really hard time. Now, he’s super talkative, friendly, open, and somewhat willing to try new things (ha!). He has the biggest heart and is just so loving and kind. He’s the best big brother and is just the sweetest with Mila. Obviously, kids are like moving targets, but I truly love being this boy’s mama and can’t wait to see what the next six months bring for him!
In terms of goals, I didn’t set specific ones for the year, but overall, I started with the world ‘try’ in mind. I didn’t want the fear of the unknown to keep me from new experiences. I also wanted to continue working on my health and fitness and my parenting. All super broad but that’s the general gist.
I’m happy to report that I’ve tried a lot of new things so far this year…
- Swapping out my stable corporate job for the momprenuer life and Awarify Coaching
- Launching a podcast with my friend and fellow professional coach, Amy Galvin
- Pushing myself on the Peloton and trying to break previous records and increase my strength and overall fitness over time
- Really trying to take a more child centered approach with both Kaiden and Mila. By no means am I saying that we make them the center of our world, but more so, trying to understand their perspectives before diving into my own. Slowing down, doing one thing at a time, and staying as rested as possible helps.
From a friends and family perspective, the first half the year has proven to be a lot of fun. We’ve spent tons of time with family and close friends – dinners, birthday parties, game nights. It’s so hard to coordinate schedules, but we do what we can with who we can when we can. Life is too short to wait for the right/best time. Figure out who you want to spend time with, make that time, and then spend it. New life motto!
From a travel perspective, we haven’t made many moves yet. We had our family of four vacay to FL in May, Vishnu and I went to South Carolina for a friend’s wedding in June, and I’m currently in California visiting my grandparents. We have a few fun things coming up in the next couple of months. It’s not the world travel we were imagining last year, but it’s something and it’s with people we love, so there’s that!
The rest of the year will go by in a flash I know it!
- Kaiden’s pre-K graduation
- The start of kindergarten
- My sister’s baby coming soon!!!
- Mila starting daycare (we think)
- A girls’ trip (for me)
- A couples’ trip to FL with friends
- Disney with Kaiden
- Mila’s first birthday (how?!)
I think my words for the second half of 2022 are going to be ‘breathe, relax, and enjoy.’ Life is moving at warp speed and sometimes I let this overwhelm me. This in turn doesn’t help me be the best version of myself for anyone, so I’m going to try my very best to ground myself in whatever’s happening around me and really be there…soaking it all in like a sponge. Now is all we have anyways, right?