I love old school blogging. You know, day in the life of/chit chat/journal type posts. While I still loosely follow that format here on MIS, I honestly miss some of my favorite bloggers writing in that same way. I hear it’s making a come back though so stay tuned!
In the spirit of old school blogging, I decided to answer a 73-question survey I first saw on Julie’s blog. It’s super random, but because I love these kinds of posts, I decided to partake!
Note that most of my answers are exactly what came to mind in the moment. If you’ve been wanting to get to know me on an even deeper level, here’s your chance!
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? Kaiden started sleeping in until 6-6:30 am (for the most part)!
2. What is something you’re tired of? How divided and caustic our country has become.
3. What is something that recently moved you? A text exchange with a good friend who is currently experiencing some hardship. Her strength is inspiring.
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? Math
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Sparkling water
6. What’s your favorite cocktail? Moscow Mule
7. What is your favorite birthday cake? Anything with lots of chocolate!
8.What is one thing you still have from your childhood? My goofiness
9. What is your favorite movie? Now and Then
10. What is something you can’t do? A cartwheel
11. What is one habit you wish you could break? Picking at my skin
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? Vishnu (my hubby!)
13. What does creativity mean to you? Doing what you love
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time? Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein…
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Bungee jumping
16. Best advice for your 19 year old self? Practice self-love every damn day – physically, mentally, emotionally. I don’t know much, but this much I do know – loving yourself for who you are is the key to a joyous and fulfilled life.
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Nasreen from HeyNasreen
18. Must have purse item? Wallet
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? I think at that age I wanted to be news reporter.
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Working an 8-5 [insert prayer hands emoji!]
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? Constantly thinking/worrying about what other people think is a surefire way to be miserable.
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? Start my own business.
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides Chicago? Yes, Atlanta. HAHA!
24. What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate chip cookie
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Anything made with mint and/or white chocolate
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Chilaquiles
27. Who is your favorite painter? Michelangelo
28. Favorite Disney animal? Baloo
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? Things You Save in a Fire (release date August 13)
30. What did you read most recently? I’ll Never Tell
31. Favorite solo artist? John Legend and Alicia Keys
32. What’s your Favorite board game? Taboo will always have my heart!
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? In the US – San Francisco. Internationally –Barcelona.
34. Heels or flats? Flats!
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? California
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Read, sleep (well, at least pre-baby me did this!)
37. What’s your favorite exercise? All time – running. Currently – TAP classes at my gym.
38. What was your worst subject in school? Physics
39. What is your spirit animal? Monkey
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Protein shake
42. Cooking or Baking? Love both, but if I had to choose, cooking.
41. What do you usually eat for dinner? Varies by the day!
43. Favorite baked good? Soft, warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Playing the piano.
45. Skiing or Surfing? Neither!
46. First celebrity crush? Mike Vitar from Sandlot and The Mighty Ducks.
47. Most recent celebrity crush? Matthew Rhys (you guessed it…from the Americans)
48. What color was your prom dress? I didn’t go to my junior or senior prom. Whoomp whoomp…
49. How do you manage stress? Deep breathing, making to do lists, and talking it out with someone I’m close to.
50. What do you do to relax? Read, write, or watch TV
51. Age when you were first kissed? 13 or 14
52. Place you were first kissed? My friend’s basement (we were playing spin the bottle)
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time? High-waisted EVERYTHING!
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? Dress for your body.
55. Trend you would like to see disappear forever? Super duper short shorts
56. Shoes or Bags? Shoes!
57. How do you know if you’re in love? When you feel 100% yourself around the other person and don’t question every word, move, etc.
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? Currently – the Americans. We’re hooked!
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? My husband or my sister.
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? Loving myself is the key to joyous existence.
61. If you could make a documentary about anything what would it be? The crisis at the border and the state of the detention centers. More people need to be made aware of what’s happening in our own country for things to change.
62. What is your Kryptonite? My son’s smile and laugh!
63. What are you most enchanted by? The way my son says ‘I love you!’ And sunrises/sunsets.
64. What is your biggest strength? Reading people – what they’re feeling, thinking, etc. Sometimes I’m wrong because I go a little too deep, but most of the time, I’m spot on!
65. What is your biggest weakness? My ability to overthink everything and then blame myself no matter what.
66. What are 3 words to describe living in Chicago? Cold, walkable, food [lover’s paradise]
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Babies interacting with each other
68. Most important advice you’d give your future children? Be kind…always.
69. Best first date idea? Walking and eating your way through your city!
70. Favorite type of flower? Lilies or roses
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? Smile and sense of humor
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? Currently – binge watching the Americans.
73. Plans for the weekend? My BIL and his girlfriend are visiting from Atlanta, so hanging out with them!
No portion of this post is sponsored. However, affiliate links are included. There is no extra cost to you, but I do receive a small commission on anything you buy through my links. Thank you for reading and supporting My Inner Shakti!