We were all set to visit Great Wolf Lodge last year, but Mila had a fever the night before we were supposed to leave. We axed those plans, I called the lodge, and they held our deposit for a year.
Fast forward to about a month ago. I was looking at the week of Thanksgiving and realized that Kaiden was off from school the whole week, and Vishnu was off from work.
And that’s how we ended up at Great Wolf Lodge the Monday before Thanksgiving!
Great Wolf Lodge is basically a hotel + water park all in one. There are restaurants on site, as well as other things for families to do – rock climbing, mini golf, an arcade, etc.
I wasn’t sure how the kids would do, but we didn’t want to lose money, so we decided to give it a go. And …guess what…Kaiden had the time of his life! He and Vishnu went on everything he was tall enough for (multiple times!). Mila did well too, except she didn’t want to wear her life jacket so she couldn’t do as much.
The water park itself includes multiple bigger slides, a lazy river, a wave pool, a kiddie pool, and a kids’ area. There are lockers for rent, as well as restrooms with shower stalls.
A super family friendly and fun place if you and your family are into water parks.
A few helpful notes:
- There multiple room types available, so look through all of the options carefully to pick the best one for your family.
- When you make your reservation, there is a good chance they’ll add the breakfast buffet by default. If you don’t want to eat at the buffet, make sure you ask them to remove the charge when checking in.
- Bring lots of snacks, water, and maybe even things to make PB&J sandwiches. There are a few decent food options on site, but everything is extremely overpriced, and like I said, menu items are decent but nothing to write home about.
- Bring extra beach towels if you’re staying at the lodge because you’re not allowed to take the water park towels back to your room.
- The park is open from 10a-8p and checkout is at 11a. You can visit the park until it closes on the day you checkout. Plan accordingly.
I told Vishnu that we should make Great Wolf Lodge an annual thing, especially given how much fun Kaiden had!