- Making muffins with the kids after school
- Listening to Mila ‘read.’ She’s so animated!
- Going on a mommy and Kaiden breakfast date
- Catching up with a friend after a few busy weeks
- Seeing my mom soon. She’s been in CA for a couple of weeks visiting her parents.
- Making plans with my sister and her family
- Spending quality time with my niece and seeing her and my kids interact
- Thinking about Thanksgiving and spending time with my in-laws
- Knowing Vishnu has more work from home shifts in November
- Feeling the weather change
- Sitting on our front porch swing with the kids
- Eating lunch with Vishnu
- Picking up books from the library
I’ve never really associated joy and privilege together because I’ve always thought of joy as something all people have access to in one shape or form. But after the past couple of weeks, I see my own joy and privilege completely intertwined. Most of the things on my list involve my kids, my husband, my family, or my friends. What a privilege to have my joy linked to those I love. What a privilege to be able to spend time with my people. To create memories with them. To hug them. To kiss them. To hear them laugh.
What a joy and privilege.