The last post I shared was on August 15th! Phew – it’s been a full almost month since then. Lots to share!
1. Kaiden started 1st grade! To be honest, it hasn’t been a huge adjustment for him since he’s at the same school. I’d say he’s more excited to go to school now. He loves his teacher and the kids in his class. He’s working hard and trying his best. We’re still working on grit and resilience with him (probably our biggest focus area for the school year). In fact, I just ordered a book about grit for kids, and if it’s as good as the reviews say it is, I’ll definitely share.
2. We took Kaiden out of Tae Kwan Do. He did it for 1.5 years, and we really enjoyed it and got a lot of out of it. His focus improved, his belief in himself improved, and it was a good activity for us to start with for him. We stopped because the timing of the junior level classes which he was going to graduate to just don’t work for our schedule, especially with a toddler in tow.
And if I’m being honest, I’ve been wanting to scale back a little…at least for the rest of this year. So as of right now, he’s in swim and a 6 week soccer program that starts this Saturday. We’re also part of a religious group that meets every other Sunday. This feels like a good balance for now.
3. I went to Montreal on a girls’ trip and had an amazing time! I’ll share a more detailed post soon, but let’s just say I know think Montreal should be on everyone’s list of places to visit!
4. I got back from Montreal on Sunday night, and Vishnu left for a conference on Wednesday. The first two days I was solo parenting, I felt confident and at ease. I even told my MIL to not come on Friday and come on Saturday instead since the kids would be at school and they could avoid the long traffic-filled drive.
Well, then Mila got a stomach bug on Friday morning at 12 am. I won’t go into all the details here, but let’s just say it was REALLY BAD. I called my MIL at 6 am and asked her and my FIL to come ASAP. Then, Kaiden caught whatever Mila had and got sick on Sunday morning. I also didn’t feel great for a couple of days. We were quite literally a mess.
Vishnu was cleaning up in the kitchen the night he got back, and I went to help him and just started crying. When he asked me what was wrong, I told him I was just so tired. And with that, I went to bed at 7:45 pm.
5. I started my corporate coaching engagement, and I’m really enjoying connecting with 12 unique and incredibly talented and smart women. The structure of the program and what it entails is really my wheelhouse because it include lots of project management type stuff that I used to do when I worked in corporate. I love the personal one-on-one connection and learning from these women. I can’t wait to see where this takes them and me!
6. I’m getting Invisalign next week! Quick story – I wore braces as a kid, but then I forgot my retainer in India and that was that. My bottom teeth are so crooked and crowded, and while my top teeth are straight, I can feel them pushing out…if that makes sense. I’m SO FREAKING EXCITED about getting braces! Will share more later.
7. Amy and I launched season 3 of the Momsanity podcast this week! It’s going to be such an amazing season with some really powerful and special guests. We’re trying new things, we’re stepping outside of our comfort zone, and we’re learning and growing as we go.
Episode 1 is a really important one about women’s health and being your own advocate. We talk about our periods, menopause, stress and it’s impact on the body, and so much more. I highly highly recommend checking it out.
Ok, so that’s all the ‘as of late’ stuff…
Coming up, we have a much needed weekend getaway, Vishnu has another conference (I pray that no one gets sick), along with random fun things sprinkled in along the way.