My favorite blog, Cup of Jo, shared a post about the five items that are always stocked in the kitchen. And that got me thinking about my own kitchen and the things you’ll find in it 99.9% of the time.
Before I share, I will say that it’s super interesting to hear other people’s responses and find new ideas. I scrolled through the CoJ’s comment section on this post for a quite a bit and got some great ideas for new foodie items.
Ok, here are the things that come to mind from my own kitchen right now But I’m not stopping at five items. Sharing a more comprehensive list…
- Bananas (smoothies, baked good, nice cream, and Mila!)
- Spinach (smoothies, baked goods, salads)
- Arugula (salads)
- Apples (snacking)
- Berries of some kind (blueberries, raspberries, or more commonly, strawberries)
- Almond milk
- 2% milk
- Earth Balance vegan butter
- Enjoy Life dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Lily’s sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Crumbled Feta
- Block of sharp cheddar
- Sliced cheese, most likely sharp or medium cheddar
- Bread of some sort (usually Dave’s)
- Whole milk Greek yogurt (for Mila mainly)
- Rao’s pasta sauce
- Some sort of pasta
- Rice (2-3 varieties)
- Soy sauce
- All kinds of vinegars, hot sauces, oils, etc.
- Almond flour
- Peanut butter and peanut powder
- Bamba puffs (for Mila)
- Coffee beans
- Beans of all sorts
- Canned tomatoes, canned tomato sauce, and tomato paste
- Coconut milk
I’m probably forgetting a few things, but you get the gist!
Tell me, if I were to walk into your kitchen on two different days, what would I always find?