How are we almost half way through 2022? And how we been Georgia residents (again) for almost a year? Craziness!
The year is speeding by for many reasons, mostly because we have two kids I think. It’s like what they say. When you’re in the day to day grind, time slows down a little. Then when you step back and take a more macro view, you can’t believe how fast it’s all going!
It’s also probably going quickly because we have so many big things happening (and a few that have already happened). For one, my BIL’s wedding was this past weekend! Ya’ll, this wedding was two years in the making (they pushed it forward because of Covid), so it felt extra special. Great fun was had by all! However, by the end of it, Vishnu and I were both ready to get the kids back to a routine! Exhausted doesn’t even begin to describe how we felt.
And next up, specifically this month, we have my sister’s baby shower, which will be so fun! I’m extra excited because my two aunts (mom’s younger sisters) will be in town for it, and it’s been over two years since we’ve seen them (maybe even longer!). I’m in charge of games for the shower, and I have a few good ones ready to go. I’ll share more after this weekend as to not ruin the surprise for my sister and BIL!
After that, Vishnu and I will be headed to Hilton Head for his med school friend’s wedding/receptions. You guys have no idea how excited I am to have 48 hours to relax and know that my kids will be well taken care of (each set of grandparents is taking a kid). On the flip side, I’m also a little nervous because this will be the first time I’ll be away from Mila for more than a night. The first time was when I landed back in the hospital a week after giving birth. I keep telling myself it’ll all be ok. Vishnu and I need this time!
And THEN…we have the main event for June…my little boy’s 5TH BIRTHDAY PARTY! I can’t believe he’s almost 5! This is the first big party we’re having that he’ll actually remember, so I’m super excited. We’re going with a Paw Patrol theme…I’ll share more afterwards. It’s going to be emotional for sure!
Other than that, I’m still wrapping my head around how hot it is already! It’s 90+ degrees in Atlanta most days of the week now! I’ll take this over a Chicago winter any day though. I always say, it’s so much easier to peel layers off versus pile them on!
- Really delve into mine and Chitra’s next book club book – Influence. I actually read this back in 2009 in business school and have been wanting to reread for a while now. Funny side story – I only realized this was the same book after I finished the first chapter. But it’s all good because this book is a great read from a business perspective.
- Read a fiction book. Hoping to dig into something when we go to Hilton Head. Saturday during the day is pretty free, so you bet this mama is going to park her butt on a pool chair (hopefully with a beverage in hand) to read!
- Find some summery clothes! I have a VERY minimal summer wardrobe since I was pretty pregnant last summer! Need to find some staple pieces stat!
- That being said, this month I want to clean out and declutter every closet in our home. The plan is to donate everything that no longer fits/that we no longer need or want. Wish me luck!
- I don’t know if this one will get done this month, but I need new professional photos! I found a local photographer so now I just need to schedule the time. This also means I need to get some new clothes for said pictures. So maybe I need to figure out #3 first! I’m ok with pushing this one back to July/August too. We’ll see…
- And of course, I’m still going to continue with my forever goals of moving every day (intentional 4-5 times a week), drinking half my body weight or more in water, cutting back my time on social media, meditating daily, and going to bed by 10 pm.
Phew! That’s all I’ve got for now. I hope your June is equal parts fun and chill. Here’s to being almost halfway through 2022!