Hello hello! It’s been a while since I’ve shared here, but I randomly felt the urge to come on and type something up. I’m still figuring out how all the different things I love fit together (and how to make time for them), but I definitely want to get back to regularish cadence with this blog. We shall see how that works out…
I hope y’all had a good weekend! Ours flew by as always. Vishnu and I were just discussing how it was nice to not have any real plans for once (other than Taw Kwan Do and piano)…but it still went by so quickly. With that, here are a few reflections (that I want to remember!)…
- We introduced Mila to solids a week or so ago and so far she’s tried carrots, mozzarella cheese, apple, avocado, yogurt, peanut butter, and a few more things I can’t remember! I’m doing a semi-baby led weaning approach, and she seems to be taking to it well. I told Vishnu that we have a little foodie on our hands!
- I planned to take K for a fancy donut date yesterday morning, but after a rough Friday night of no listening, I didn’t take him. I felt so bad, but I just couldn’t. We’re trying to teach him consequences, and since we don’t have much to take away (I swear he would be fine with a piece of tissue), I chose not to take him for a fun pre-Taw Kwan Do outing. Hoping we can revisit the idea this coming weekend! Mama wants a donut too!
- We went out for our first restaurant dinner as a family of four yesterday. It went surprisingly well! Mila’s the chillest baby and Kaiden wasn’t as rowdy as I thought he would be, so we actually enjoyed the experience. I got us a cream puff afterwards, and Kaiden was in love. He wanted “just one more!” I swear he has a second and third stomach for desserts!
- I took Kaiden to the park to play with some classmates today, and he had SO MUCH FUN! They all started hugging and jumping around the minute we got there, and I enjoyed hanging out with the other parents. But by the end of our 1.5 hours, Kaiden and the rest of the kids were covered in dirt. They had a whole playground to run around on, and they chose to dig holes in the grass. Boys, I tell you!
- Afterwards, I almost flooded Kaiden’s bathroom. I forgot to turn off the faucet during his bubblebath and ran into the bathroom when he started calling for me. We were literally less than one minute away from a big disaster. Oops! Also, a great reminder to just stay in the bathroom. Kaiden told me he “got spooked,” and that’s why he called me. Thank goodness!
- Vishnu and I enjoyed a little La Croix and cheese (and fruit/veggie/dip/nuts) night. It had been a while since we had one, and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with my husband without being interrupted 100000 times!
Some pics from the weekend…
And now it’s almost Monday…the start of a new week! Hope y’all have a great one.