This was a big weekend for me and Vishnu. It took us approximately 6-8 weeks, but we finished [binge] watching Parenthood…the whole dang show!
You guys, I’m not kidding when I say this may be the most emotional show ever to air on television. Every single episode pulls at your heart strings, and if you’re really into it, brings tears to your eyes. I loved this show [so much] for the genuine emotion, but in all honesty, the relatable and real storytelling was what captured and kept my attention for all six seasons.
Important note – Vishnu, the ultimate TV critic in my perspective, loved the show almost as much as I did. That’s saying A LOT!
If you’re not convinced yet, here are six [more] reasons to jump on the Parenthood bandwagon.
- Like I said, the show acknowledges real and relevant issues in ways that depict the true depth of the situations – Aspberger’s, single parenting, PTSD, affairs, cancer, general marital issues, adoption, teenage pregnancy, etc. You name it, this show likely addresses it.
- Looking for free therapy? Parenthood is it. Along with the characters, you’ll be forced to face and question everything in your own life. And don’t forget the tears…both happy and sad!
- As the name implies, the show, at its core, is all about family – the important/crazy/beautiful aspects of familial relationships!
- It’s not about the good guy vs. the bad guy. All of the characters are imperfect and flawed in their own ways. They disagree and hurt each other, but at the end of the day, the have nothing but love for one another.
- The show is brilliantly cast. And the chemistry this group of actors shared is as real as it gets. Such a talented bunch!
- Just when you think you know what’s going to happen next, there’s a twist. I love how the show kept me guessing until the very last episode.
As the final episode came to a close, I was left wanting a little bit more. Don’t get me wrong, the finale was absolutely perfect. I just didn’t want the show to end (should’ve watched a little slower!). Here’s to hoping there’s a Braverman reunion in our future!
Your turn – are you a Parenthood fan? If your answer is no, this needs to change!
12 thoughts on “6 Reasons to Jump on the Parenthood Bandwagon”
I’ve had this on my list of things to watch! I might need to start if it’s on Netflix or Prime.
I started watching This is Us and while I tried to convince myself I wasn’t into the show, I found myself tuning in every week to watch the DVR recording. Soooo clearly it’s left an impression. I have a feeling Parenthood is somewhat on the same page as the feels of This is Us!
I love This is Us but Parenthood is on a whole other level of good! You won’t regret starting it!
I watched all of this during my maternity leave recently. You know in case I wasn’t emotional enough! haha So good. Hopefully this means you’re watching This is Us too? Similar feel good, but different with a creative twist on story telling unlike any other show!
One of my coworkers is going to do that when she goes on maternity leave in a few months because I talked about the show so much!
And yes, love This is Us!
I 200% agree with you! I love this show SO much! And Travis told me it was a girl show and I could watch it alone (except my episode three he was hooked). So many tears and many feelings. I miss it and wanted it to go on forever, but I agree the last episode was so perfect. I have been trying to fill the void ever since that show ended! Glad yall enjoyed it!
You should watch This is Us if you don’t already. It’s not quite the same but give you similar feels 🙂
I have been watching it and like that show, but Parenthood was just so good. I don’t think anything can beat it. 🙂
I LOVED it first the very first episode. I used to wait for it with so much anticipation. And then recently I binge watched it all over again on Netflix and it was as satisfying as it was the first time around. So clearly I am fan. I am sure I will watch it again down the lane 🙂
I have a feeling I will revisit the show in the future as well!
My brother and sister in law watch Parenthood so I sat in on a couple episodes, it was funny and emotional. I really need to get into Netflix, all I watch is the Bachelor, Ellen and food shows. lol. Maybe 2017 I can watch more tv. Hope you’re doing well.
Nisha @ Honey What’s Cooking recently posted…Pecan Pie Coconut Oatmeal (healthy, vegan, dairy free, refined sugar free)
You really do! It’s such a good show…words don’t do it justice! Let me know if you decide to start 🙂
I’ve heard lots of good things but never watched. I think your post has convinced me though!
Happy holidays 🙂