I’m not an impulse buyer. Well, at least 99% of the time. Not sure what it is. I feel guilty when I buy something “just because.” I’m all about purpose and intent. It probably doesn’t help that most of my past impulse buys turned out to be duds.
With that being said, I’m not sure what happened this past week. I made FIVE impulse buys. FIVE. Thankfully, they’re looking like winners. So much so that I have to share why I’m glad I made these impulse buys.
1. NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu – This lip gloss ended up in my shopping cart mainly because of the price tag. For $4.99, I figured it was worth a try. I picked the color Tiramisu because it looked like a nice nude shade. Because this was an impulse buy, I did no research. Grab and go, baby! It turns out that I really like everything about this gloss – the color, the texture, the staying power, etc. I also love that it’s not super shiny. Perfect for a simple daytime look.
2. Boost It Volume Inject Mousse by L’Oreal – I hate to admit it, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to my hair. What I mean by that is if there’s a way I can get away with not having to blow dry and straighten it, I’m game. The only way I know how to do that is by using some sort of product to give my wavy hair some structured volume. Again, without doing any research, I picked up this mousse, read the back of the can, and decided to give it a go. For the low price point, it’s not so bad. It definitely does a good job of volumizing without the crinkly effect. I need to play around with it a bit more, but I’d say this was definitely worth the small investment!
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – Sadly, my Marc Jacobs mascara is not longer usable. I had to buy something else and fast. Lots of people I know use the L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara and love it. So I said, “what the heck, let’s give it a try.” And again, I’m happy I did. Everything about this product is amazing, specifically, the price point ($6.99) and the formula (it really does give my lashes tons of volume). While Marc Jacobs will always be my first mascara love, L’Oreal is slowly making it’s way into my makeup bag!
4. Aquafor – Have you guys tried this stuff? If not, go to the store (or Amazon) and buy it ASAP. It’s the BEST thing ever for dry skin/lips. I used it way back in the day and absolutely loved how it kept my skin so soft. For whatever reason, I didn’t think twice about it for years, but then, while walking around the Target beauty aisles, the large tube caught my eye. I figured I may as well start stocking up since my skin doesn’t do well in the winter months! And from what they say, winter is coming!
5. Milk Makeup Highlighter – If I had to pick my favorite impulse buy of the week, this would be it. I went to Sephora with my friend Erin during our lunch break with absolutely no intentions of buying anything (especially because I left my wallet at home). But then when I remembered that Sephora uses Apple Pay, the Milk Makeup Highlighter turned into an impulse buy. I’ve been wanting to buy a highlighter for a while now but honestly had no idea what kind (or color) of product I should try for my skin type/tone. For whatever reason, I really liked the Milk shade (there’s only one – Lit), the fact that it’s in a large travel friendly chubby stick, the level of shimmer, and (to be very honest) the marketing (it’s infused with mango butter, peach nectar, and avocado…I mean, come on!). SO glad I own this little guy now! I love how it gives my skin a sheer glow and just the right amount of pop! And I truly believe Lit would look beautiful on everyone!
And those, my friends, are the impulse buys I’m glad I made. Nothing too crazy, and thankfully, all things I love and will buy again!
Your turn – what was the last impulse buy you made? Love it or regret it?
No portion of this post is sponsored. However, there are a few affiliate links included. There is no extra cost to you, but I do receive a small commission on anything you buy through my links. Thank you for reading and supporting My Inner Shakti!
6 thoughts on “I’m Glad I Made These Impulse Buys”
My impulse buy this week was a dud. I purchased a heat protectant spray from Sephora and it left my hair feeling sticky and it was hard to pull the flat iron over my hair. I didn’t even use that much product, so back it goes!
Hate it when that happens! Good thing Sephora has a wonderful return policy 🙂
i spent $$$ on quite a few at Target – all of which were impulse buy. I have yet to use anything though. i have been looking for a nice nude shade lipgloss for a day time look but not found anything yet. i will have to think of that product next time.
dixya @food, pleasure, and health recently posted…Virtual Coffee Date
I bought Mac Lipgrlass. I wasn’t even looking for a gloss, but you know how those mac stores are.. everything is amazing. So i tried it on and it was amazing and I was like… okkkkkk. 🙂
L’oreal and Maybelline mascaras are really good, I don’t typically go for department store brands when it comes to mascara.
Nisha @ Honey What’s Cooking recently posted…Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter… VEGAN!
I know I’m headed for trouble when I enter a Mac store, a department store, Ulta, and/or Sephora! Too much temptation in one place 🙂
You should check out this mascara. It’s just as good as any department store brand I’ve tried!
Sometimes impulse buys can be fun! Looks like you got a good haul. I’ll definitely check out the Aquifer.
Salma recently posted…Meal Plan #94