Another weekend has come and gone! And not just any weekend…in my mind, this was our last relaxing, low-key, not-too-much-going-on weekend. From this point forward, it’s go go go – prepping for our move and my sister’s wedding.
Need to take a second and breathe!
Ok, so before I share more about our weekend, I want to say thank you for all the positive feedback on Friday’s friendship post! Glad to know I’m not the only one who feels that way. I’ll be sure to share an update once we get to Chicago.
Also, my friend Gayathri shared a great WSJ article in the comments section of that post and my blogging buddy Tanvi shared this article with me on Twitter. Be sure to check them out. Great reads!
On to weekend things…
1. Vishnu is done with nights!!! You guys have no idea how happy this makes me. While it wasn’t that bad overall, I’m just glad we’ll back on a more regular schedule now. I missed making/eating dinner and watching TV with him.
2. The process of rolling off nights is not easy. Vishnu basically slept his way through Saturday, which probably wasn’t the best idea. I know I should’ve done my part to keep him up, but he just looked so tired! I figure he’ll be back to normal by the end of the week.
3. We didn’t anticipate how tired Vishnu would be on Saturday, so our original spend-the-day-at-the-beach plan fell through.
Instead, I worked on a special wedding project for my sister and Adarsh all morning. And then I got ready for a nice long outdoor run. Well, I made it about 0.3 miles before I turned around, jogged home, and went to our apartment gym instead. Why? Well, because there were SO many people out, and I know myself well enough to know that I would’ve been super annoyed and irritated had I tried to make my way through the crowd. I completed 35 minutes of intervals on the treadmill before heading home and doing a 10 minute Barre3 online core workout. Not too shabby!
Once Vishnu was up, we both got ready and went on a long walk in downtown St. Pete. And of course, I had to stop at Kilwins for my ice cream (peanut butter chocolate)!
Vishnu went back to sleep when we got home, so I used that time to finish up some work and watch TV.
4. The most exciting thing about Saturday night was the takeout food we ordered from Sab Cafe. Both Vishnu and I went with Pad Thai (tofu for me and chicken for him), and boy was it good! The flavor was spot on, and the dish was very balanced…not too much of one thing or too less of another. The only downside to this delicious meal was the spice level. My medium tasted more like hot, and Vishnu’s hot tasted more like Thai hot. The thing is I don’t think this is a Sab Cafe thing. Every Thai restaurant we’ve been to in St. Pete has had the same issue. Regardless, we definitely want to visit this restaurant again before we move!
5. Vishnu was officially up when the food arrived, so we used that time to catch-up on the latest episode of Quantico. Do you watch this show? While I’m completely hooked, I do feel that it’s one of those crazy twist after crazy twist types. Sometimes I wish they would resolve the story line at hand and move on accordingly versus dragging it on indefinitely.
6. I bought black bean pasta at TJs. My curiosity got the best of me. Has anyone tried it? I’m tempted to not say anything to Vishnu and see how he reacts to it. Pesto and black bean pasta is on the menu this week…will let y’all know how it goes!
7. Our Sunday afternoon outlet shopping plans did not fall through! However, this trip wasn’t very fruitful which is unfortunate given how badly my closet needs a makeover. We did manage to find a few fun goodies!
I tried these shoes on “just to see” how they looked. Well, both Vishnu and I ended up liking them so they came home with us!
Loft maxi dress (similar) | Banana Republic Linen/Cotton Pocket Shirt (similar) | Under Armour workout tank
Annnnd that’s all I have! With that, have a great Monday. 🙂
Did you eat anything delicious this weekend?
8 thoughts on “Weekend Recap – 7 Things”
My closet is definitely in need of a makeover! I just ordered some stuff from Loft (they had 50% off!) and I’m eyeing a few other sales!
That pad thai sounds fabulous! And the shoes are adorable, I wouldn’t have been able to resist them either 🙂
Kacy recently posted…New Spring Creations at Dolci Gelati
I do makeovers. So you know, I could help 😉 I too hate making way through crowds of people. Prefer to make the trail to myself, which seldom happens.
Love the pumps you scored tho’! 🙂
∞ © tanvii.com ∞
Tanvi recently posted…Repurposing Clothes
I’d say that was one heck of a successful shopping trip- love those shoes! I got 2 really nice pairs from them when I was in NYC & fortunately both were on a sale – always a bonus! My dinner last night was especially delicious- every form of taco you can imagine followed by churros & hot chocolate dipping sauce :P!
Khushboo recently posted…NYC restaurant recommendations
Omg I love those striped shoes!!!
Sonia Amin Thomas recently posted…Mouth-water Monday: Cookie Monster!
So glad to hear V is off the nights rotations and perfect timing soon- So much happening!
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Coffee Talk #12
Those Nine West shoes are adobrable and pad thai is my favorite! Glad you had a nice weekend overall! BTW you and your sister are too cute and wedding prep is so much fun!
Sounds like a great weekend, especially with the shopping 😉 And i can totally understand the excitement with no nights! I remember feeling the same thing when my hubby was doing his residency!
Salma recently posted…5 Netflix Shows the Whole Family Can Watch Together