First things first, I know what some of you are thinking. “What’s in your wallet? Don’t you mean bag?”
Well, I do mean wallet and not bag because the only things inside my bag are my wallet, phone, keys, and maybe a lip gloss. So why not cut to the chase!
This brings me to another important point. One I don’t think I’ve ever addressed on MIS. I’m not a huge handbag person. *GASP* The only reason I even carry one is because I’d lose my stuff if I didn’t have something to put it in.
With that being said, I have three bags I rotate between at any given time…
A Dooney and Bourke Nylon Crossbody Bag
My in-laws gifted me this bag a few Christmases ago, and it’s my go. I love colors, the overall look, and the size. It houses my fat wallet perfectly!
Kate Spade Black Leather Shoulder Handbag (see, I don’t even know how to describe these things!)
My best friend Roshni gave me this handbag after her wedding as a way of saying thank you. It’s not a daily use kind of bag because I don’t want to ruin it, but I always pull it out for fancier events or nights out. It’s the perfect size for me, and once again, it holds all my necessities.
Vishnu convinced me to buy this bag in Italy because it was significantly cheaper than in the US. I love the fun bright color! I also have a large Longchamp tote in khaki that I mainly use for travel and work. If you’re looking for more of an everyday tote, I recommend the medium sized one. It’s compact while still providing lots of room.
Now that we have my handbags out of the way, let’s move on to the contents of my wallet. I’m sure a lot of my stuff looks like your stuff. But at the same time, I find the tiny details about people so fascinating (aka, I’m nosy!). Like what they keep in their wallets! I’ll go first…
Side note about my wallet – I bought this at the Ahmedabad airport in India because I fell in love with the deep red color. I have no clue what brand it is. All I know is that it’s a well-crafted wallet. I’ve had it for almost 3 years now, and it still looks as good as new!
- Driver’s licence (duh!)
- Two credit cards and two debit cards
- Insurance cards
- Georgia Tech student ID
- Ventra card (Chicago train pass) – had no clue this was in here!
- American Express gift card from my in-laws – still have a good chunk of change on this…saving it until I find the perfect pair of shoes!
- Carrabba’s holiday gift card – this one’s from Vishnu’s hospital
- Delta Skymiles card – not sure why I’m holding on to this. Pretty sure it’s 10 years old!
- Ulta and DSW reward cards
- Hyatt, Marriott, and Hilton membership cards
- Banana Republic refund check – need to use this ASAP!
- Library card
- Topgolf membership card
- Carmike and Regal club cards
- Under Armour gift card
- Native Foods Cafe (a Chicago restaurant) membership card
- Punch card from The Hyppo Gourmet Ice Pops
- Little prayer booklet
- Way too many receipts
- Key cards for CVS (I need to put this one on our keys!), Panera, and the library
- Change (both in USD and GBP)
- $13 in cash (big balla over here!)
- And last but not least, two little thread/stick people we got upon paying our bill at Besito – so random! 🙂
Your turn — Are you bag person? What kinds of things do you keep in your wallet?