After two amazing years of Miami living, Vishnu and I are saying “see you later!” (I refuse to say goodbye because I know we’ll be back sooner than later.) And while we’re embarking on a fun new adventure, I’m really going to miss this city and all the memories it holds.
- …all the wonderful friends we’ve made. It’s crazy how close and connected you can feel to people you haven’t known all that long. Although it’s been hard saying bye to everyone, I know our Miami peeps are lifelong friends, so it’s more like “see you soon.”
- …our apartment. We really lucked out with our place here. It was the perfect size, in the perfect location, with the perfect view.
- …Miami weather. More so the warmth and not the crazy humidity. And because we’ll still be in sunny Florida for a year, it probably won’t hit me until we move to Chicago.
- …being able to walk EVERYWHERE – the grocery store, the post office, the nail salon, bars, restaurants, and most importantly, my office. For two years, I had the BEST commute in the world!
- …my runs along Brickell Key. If you follow me on Instagram and have seen my beautiful sunrise pictures, then you’ve seen a part of Brickell Key. It’s a small key located directly behind our condo building, and the perimeter is lined with the most perfect path for running/walking.
- …my hair stylist. For the past two years, I’ve gone to the same lady for my haircuts and most recently my color. She is amazing. And we all know how hard it is to find a hair person. Crossing my fingers that I can find someone like Jessica in both St. Pete and Chicago! For anyone living in the Miami area, check out Philip Francis Hair Salon and book with Jessica.
- …Giardino’s salads. I know what you’re probably thinking but hear me out. This place makes the BEST salads in the world. They are loaded with fresh ingredients and topped with the tastiest dressings. Most everyone who’s visited us in Miami had tried Giardino’s and loved it!
I’ll be the first to admit that I wasn’t a huge fan of the idea of living in Miami. In fact, when I first moved down here, I was already counting down the days until our move out of here. But now? Let’s just say I’m going to miss this wonderful, chaotic, magical city with all my heart.
See you later, Miami! And thank you for everything! We’re sure going to miss you, but we’ll be back soon!