After two amazing years of Miami living, Vishnu and I are saying “see you later!” (I refuse to say goodbye because I know we’ll be back sooner than later.) And while we’re embarking on a fun new adventure, I’m really going to miss this city and all the memories it holds.
More specifically, I’m going to miss…
- …all the wonderful friends we’ve made. It’s crazy how close and connected you can feel to people you haven’t known all that long. Although it’s been hard saying bye to everyone, I know our Miami peeps are lifelong friends, so it’s more like “see you soon.”
- …our apartment. We really lucked out with our place here. It was the perfect size, in the perfect location, with the perfect view.
- …Miami weather. More so the warmth and not the crazy humidity. And because we’ll still be in sunny Florida for a year, it probably won’t hit me until we move to Chicago.
- …being able to walk EVERYWHERE – the grocery store, the post office, the nail salon, bars, restaurants, and most importantly, my office. For two years, I had the BEST commute in the world!
- …my runs along Brickell Key. If you follow me on Instagram and have seen my beautiful sunrise pictures, then you’ve seen a part of Brickell Key. It’s a small key located directly behind our condo building, and the perimeter is lined with the most perfect path for running/walking.
- …my hair stylist. For the past two years, I’ve gone to the same lady for my haircuts and most recently my color. She is amazing. And we all know how hard it is to find a hair person. Crossing my fingers that I can find someone like Jessica in both St. Pete and Chicago! For anyone living in the Miami area, check out Philip Francis Hair Salon and book with Jessica.
- …Giardino’s salads. I know what you’re probably thinking but hear me out. This place makes the BEST salads in the world. They are loaded with fresh ingredients and topped with the tastiest dressings. Most everyone who’s visited us in Miami had tried Giardino’s and loved it!
I’ll be the first to admit that I wasn’t a huge fan of the idea of living in Miami. In fact, when I first moved down here, I was already counting down the days until our move out of here. But now? Let’s just say I’m going to miss this wonderful, chaotic, magical city with all my heart.
See you later, Miami! And thank you for everything! We’re sure going to miss you, but we’ll be back soon!
7 thoughts on “See You Later, Miami!”
Where does the time go?! I remember reading your blog back when you first decided to go to Miami! Time flies I guess 🙂 Cheers to the next chapter in your adventure!
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Healthy Ice Cream, Lentils, & Almond Butter
I think I’d miss the walking the most! Where will you be working now?
Pragati // Simple Medicine recently posted…Fashionable Fitness Finds on a Small Budget
I love how you included your hair stylist! We are so alike! I definitely miss mine when we moved to Dallas and I’m still looking for that perfect one here. It’s so hard… it’s like you have to go dating all over again… haha.
When we moved from uptown to where we are now, I definitely missed walking around everywhere, but I’ve been to Chicago and I think you are going to love it for sure!!! Just pack a a good wind-breaker! 🙂
Reshma recently posted…Tostada Pizza
Good luck with the move! The next few years are going to be full of crazy adventures and you’ll meet amazing people on the same path as you 🙂
Aww sad, but definitely not goodbye! And the great thing is that moving to Chicago is kinda cool. It’s a great city, big, has lots to do, running along Lakeshore Drive or in Lincoln Park is the best. The CTA system is AWESOME! So you’ll have no problems getting to and from work 🙂 Best of luck on the move!! <3
One of the things I miss most about DC is a salad place there. They have good salads here but it’s just not the same. And in the summer they have my favorite seasonal one and I’m missing it! Salad probz are real 😉
It sounds like Miami really made an impact on you guys, good luck with the move!
Kacy recently posted…Into the Fjord: Saco do Mamangua
See you later only means you guys are going to be back! It really seems like a wonderful place to live in and it sounds like you guys made the most of it during your time there.