When I talked about being a creature of habit and not disrupting my default all that often, I wasn’t kidding! It actually takes a lot of effort for me to change my ways. And while there are some habits I definitely want to disrupt, some will remain as is. Take lunch as an example.
It may come as a surprise, but breakfast and lunch are on repeat 99% of time, while what we eat for dinner changes on an almost daily basis. Hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
With that being said, I thought I would share my lunch “recipe” because it’s simple, quick, and obviously delicious since I eat it every day!
The first thing to take note of is that for this to be as good as possible you have to use your favorite kind of bread. We love the Publix seeded whole wheat bread. If you have a Publix nearby, try to find it – made with a few simple ingredients and so good!
Ok, the first thing you do is crack an egg into a small frying pan sprayed with a little cooking spray. Then flatten out the yolk with a fork, sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat. While the egg is cooking, spread one slice of bread with your favorite hummus and top with slices of avocado. Flip the egg over, cook for an additional minute, cut in half, and place on top of avocado.
If you’re feeling a little crazy, top the egg with sriracha for an extra kick.
Most days, I’ll eat one of my open faced sandwiches, fruit, and some nuts. I mean, when something is this good, how can I quit it!
Other random habits/quirks!
- I call my mom every morning on my way to work. And I call my parents every night after dinner.
- As soon as I get to the office in the morning, I turn my laptop on and make a cup of coffee. Every single day. Without fail (unless I have an 8 am meeting).
- When cleaning the apartment, the order is always – kitchen, dusting, vacuum, bathroom.
- Not sure why this is, but whenever I’m talking to people, I ball my hands up into fists without even realizing it.
- When I say “knock on wood,” I actually knock on my head…even if there’s something made of wood nearby.
- The first thing I do when I get home from work is change into my PJs. And on the weekends I try to stay in my PJs for as long as possible.
- I have a very specific way of arranging the dishes in the dishwasher. If Vishnu gets to it first, I rearrange everything (my way) and then and only then do I start it.
And the list could go on and on…
Have a wonderful weekend!
Please tell me I’m not the only weirdo by sharing some of your random/quirky habits!