Needless to say, training didn’t go according to plan this week. But I did the best I could under the circumstances.
Here’s what week 2 looked like:
Sunday – 2.5 mile walk with my sister
Monday – T25 Alpha Speed 1.0
Tuesday – T25 Beta Rip’t Circuit
Wednesday – OFF
Thursday – OFF
Friday – OFF
Saturday – 3.25 mile run
Since I was able to get the 3.25 mile run in on Saturday, I stuck with the plan and flip flopped the 6 mile run that was supposed to happen at the end of week 2 with week 3’s 5K.
Here’s to at least a few more miles this week!
I don’t have too much else to report this week. I have a few updates to share about a dietary change I’m experimenting with and a fun new way I’m stretching. More to come soon!
On to the second part of today’s post. These are the big things that irk me when I’m out for a run or at the gym…fitness pet peeves of mine if you will.
- Smoking while walking on an outdoor running/walking trail. Maybe it’s just Miami but this happens way more than it should (which is never!!!).
- Texting while running/walking. I had someone crash into me because of this once. Can’t make this stuff up!
- Not moving over on a narrow path to accommodate the person running/walking towards them. It’s just common courtesy.
- Not wiping down your cardio machine after you just sweat all over it. GROSS!
- Not putting the weights back on the rack and instead leaving them strewn across the gym floor. DANGEROUS!
- Leaving a dirty/wet towel behind after a workout. GAH!
I’m getting irritated just listing this out. Better stop now before I blow up at Vishnu for no reason. Haha.
What are some of your fitness pet peeves?
In case you’re interested, here are links to my weekly recaps: