I would say that my blog is a pretty accurate representation of my life and who I am as a person. I try to be as honest and genuine as possible with every post I write. And I think most people who know me well would agree.
However, there are lots of things about me that never make it on to this site. People assume that when you read a blog and/or follow someone on social media you know almost everything about them. That is absolutely false.
To showcase what I’m talking about, I’m going to share 10 things you would never know about me just from reading my blog. Because really – there’s my blog…and then there’s me!
[In no particular order]
1. I hate making the bed. This is ironic because I love order and cleanliness in most every other part of my life. But the bed? I really don’t care. And that is why I leave it to Vishnu!
2. I sweat very easily. I wish I was one of those girls who never broke a sweat no matter how hot she was, but I assure you I am not. After any outdoor run (of any distance), I look like I just stepped out of the shower and forgot where my towel was.
3. I can’t sing to save my life. So really the only time I sing is when I’m in a loud bar or club where people scream along to songs. Or when Vishnu and I are hanging out and I really want to annoy him.
4. I get hot AND cold very easily. There’s no middle ground. Either I’m sweating buckets or I’m shivering.
5. My handwriting is atrocious. Sometimes I type letters that should really be handwritten and preface them by saying, “I want you to be able to read what I write, so that is why I am typing this out.” Even my dad, who also has horrible handwriting, complains when he has to read something I wrote.
6. I have zero tolerance for pain. I used to dream about getting laser hair removal and never having to use a razor again. Until I went in to get some waxing done and ended up bawling.* It was so ridiculous my sister laughed at me! *I know this is an extreme situation, but I assure you it applies to almost everything else as well.
7. I am a total messy klutz in the kitchen. Simple things like pouring soup from the blender into a pot results in big messes. You can pretty much bet on the fact that whatever I’m making will end up on the floor, the walls, the stove, etc. Seriously, thank goodness I love to clean.
8. I am the complete opposite of a pack rat. And my husband is a huge pack rat. The best is when I make Vishnu clean out his t-shirt drawer. He hates it! I dump his 50 t-shirts on the bed and ask him to tell me exactly why he needs to keep each one. I know this sounds a little extreme, but I have good reasons. When we lived in Fort Lauderdale, Vishnu’s drawer broke because it was jam packed with…guess what…his t-shirts. Then when we moved to Miami, guess who ended up having to use that drawer. Not Vishnu.
9. This one may even surprise the people who know me well. I am more of an introvert than I am an extrovert. Like if you had both types of people on two different ends of a spectrum, I would be closer to the introverts (extrovert_______|___me____introvert).
10. I am probably the most inflexible person in the world. It’s embarrassing actually. Someone sign me up for yoga stat!
So tell me, what would I never know about you unless we were friends in real life?