I would say that my blog is a pretty accurate representation of my life and who I am as a person. I try to be as honest and genuine as possible with every post I write. And I think most people who know me well would agree.
However, there are lots of things about me that never make it on to this site. People assume that when you read a blog and/or follow someone on social media you know almost everything about them. That is absolutely false.
To showcase what I’m talking about, I’m going to share 10 things you would never know about me just from reading my blog. Because really – there’s my blog…and then there’s me!
[In no particular order]
1. I hate making the bed. This is ironic because I love order and cleanliness in most every other part of my life. But the bed? I really don’t care. And that is why I leave it to Vishnu!
2. I sweat very easily. I wish I was one of those girls who never broke a sweat no matter how hot she was, but I assure you I am not. After any outdoor run (of any distance), I look like I just stepped out of the shower and forgot where my towel was.
3. I can’t sing to save my life. So really the only time I sing is when I’m in a loud bar or club where people scream along to songs. Or when Vishnu and I are hanging out and I really want to annoy him.
4. I get hot AND cold very easily. There’s no middle ground. Either I’m sweating buckets or I’m shivering.
5. My handwriting is atrocious. Sometimes I type letters that should really be handwritten and preface them by saying, “I want you to be able to read what I write, so that is why I am typing this out.” Even my dad, who also has horrible handwriting, complains when he has to read something I wrote.
6. I have zero tolerance for pain. I used to dream about getting laser hair removal and never having to use a razor again. Until I went in to get some waxing done and ended up bawling.* It was so ridiculous my sister laughed at me! *I know this is an extreme situation, but I assure you it applies to almost everything else as well.
7. I am a total messy klutz in the kitchen. Simple things like pouring soup from the blender into a pot results in big messes. You can pretty much bet on the fact that whatever I’m making will end up on the floor, the walls, the stove, etc. Seriously, thank goodness I love to clean.
8. I am the complete opposite of a pack rat. And my husband is a huge pack rat. The best is when I make Vishnu clean out his t-shirt drawer. He hates it! I dump his 50 t-shirts on the bed and ask him to tell me exactly why he needs to keep each one. I know this sounds a little extreme, but I have good reasons. When we lived in Fort Lauderdale, Vishnu’s drawer broke because it was jam packed with…guess what…his t-shirts. Then when we moved to Miami, guess who ended up having to use that drawer. Not Vishnu.
9. This one may even surprise the people who know me well. I am more of an introvert than I am an extrovert. Like if you had both types of people on two different ends of a spectrum, I would be closer to the introverts (extrovert_______|___me____introvert).
10. I am probably the most inflexible person in the world. It’s embarrassing actually. Someone sign me up for yoga stat!
So tell me, what would I never know about you unless we were friends in real life?
13 thoughts on “There’s My Blog… and Then There’s Me”
hahaha we have a lot of similarities! (I’m either super hot or super cold haha) and I make SUCH a mess in the kitchen.
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Frugal Fridays- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
My messes are epic! It’s actually kind of funny…until I have to clean it all up. 🙂
Love this!! Thanks for sharing some fun facts about yourself, that we didn’t know about you! It’s always fun to read these types of things. I would never have guessed you were an introvert. You always seems so spunky and outgoing in all your photos…not to say you AREN’T outgoing or spunky, of course! <3 I am the opposite of you though. While my laundry piles are atrocious, my bed HAS to be made before I sleep in it. Wrinkles won't do. REB calls me the princess and the pea 😉 I don't have a high tolerance for pain, but waxing is something I find to be painful too. I have three tattoos and they were perfectly fine; getting threaded is totally fine..but wax? Nuh-uh. Never again!
So I’m not sure if this is a thing, but I think that I’ve slowly moved more towards being an introvert over the years. I’m still outgoing to an extent but I definitely resonate with more introvert traits if that makes sense! And you got 3 tattoos? Brave girl! I could never…it’s painful just to think about!
I will never understand making the bed. Why?! You’re just going to crawl back in it. Unless you work from home, you won’t even see it again until that time.
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Simple Baked White Fish
My point exactly! 🙂
I have been better about making my bed…but sweating, I dont really sweat which is ironic because I live in Dallas heat. I am COLD all the time too..I hate cleaning but not putting dishes away or doing laundry.
dixya recently posted…No Bake Oats and Peanut Butter Granola Bars
So you’re one of those girls that never sweats!? Jealous! And the two things you love to do – I absolutely hate! Haha.
Can we pin point the sweating to our Asian roots? Well that’s what I tell myself. I’m terrible. And the bed making…..guilty.
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy No Bake Double Coconut Rice Crispy Squares
I like that idea – darn Asian roots!
I like that idea – darn Asian roots!
Ooh I am so with you about getting cold/hot too quickly- I spend half my day switching the air conditionier on and off…my body is too indecisive!! And the fact that almost everything is done on the computer these days has done no favors for my handwriting- it’s horrifically messy! Something about me which you’d only know about me in person is that I went through a phase of having blonde hair- at the time I thought it looked amazing but looking back, it was a disaster!
Khushboo Thadani (@KhushbooThadani) recently posted…Pumpkin and Kale Soup
I will definitely need pics of you and your blond hair!!!