I read somewhere recently that it takes eight weeks of consistent effort in the food and fitness departments to see results. Well, I just finished week 3 of Beta and week 8 of the overall program, and I would have to agree. While my body looks the same to me, I feel a whole lot stronger. I am no longer taking breaks during workouts, and I am also not totally winded afterwards. And for the first time ever, I feel like I actually have core muscles (although it may take some time for them to be more visible!).
Overall, I am happy with what Focus T25 has helped me accomplish in a relatively short period of time. Only two more weeks to go!
Here’s what week 3 of Beta looked like for me:
Monday – Core Cardio
Tuesday – Upper Focus + 2 mile interval run
Wednesday – REST!
Thursday – Rip’t Circuit
Friday – Dynamic Core + Speed 2.0
Saturday – 3.5 mile run
Sunday – 2 mile walk with Robin and Guinness
*For a more detailed explanation of what each workout entails, please read my week one Beta post.
Like I said earlier, results generally come with consistent effort. But let’s be real. Consistent effort is a pain in the ass sometimes. We all have days where we don’t want to eat healthy foods and we don’t want to exercise. And to be honest, when I have these days, I sometimes give in…I’m a big believer in moderation!
However, because my health is important to me, I try to stay on top of my food and fitness as much as possible.
Here are some of the little things I do to keep those “don’t want to” days to a minimum:
- Meal plan and food prep (on the weekends). This has undoubtedly made the biggest difference in terms of how well we eat during the week.
- Experiment in the kitchen. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try. Even though most of what I make at home has some kind of healthy twist to it, the constantly changing menu keeps boredom at bay.
- Buy a few new pieces of workout gear. I recently bought me some new sports bras, and as silly as it sounds, knowing that I get to wear something new and pretty makes me happy and gets me out of bed!
- Set yourself up for success.I am a morning exerciser through and through. It’s not always easy but ensuring that everything is in one place ready for me to grab and go makes the whole process easier and saves me a time. The same idea applies for those who work out after work/in the evenings.
- Think about the why. I’ve talked about my why in a number of different posts, and I think this is honestly the key to being consistent. If your why is powerful enough, it will trump any excuse you could possibly come up with (on most days!).
How do you stay on track and keep the “don’t want to” days to a minimum?
And just in case you’re interested in my weekly recaps…
Alpha Week 1
Alpha Week 2
Alpha Week 3
Alpha Week 4
Alpha Week 5
Beta Week 1
Beta Week 2
5 thoughts on “Focus T25 – Week 3 (Beta)”
Great tips, P! Another one to add to the list is keeping your home stocked with healthy options. It sounds so simple yet it is so effective: the more options I have on hand, the more likely I am to make healthy choices. Scheduling in my workouts also ensure I get them done- I refuse to let the “I don’t have time” become an excuse for me!
Yes to all of this, esp scheduling workouts! I am so much more motivated when I know what’s coming. Thanks, K!
New workout gear totally works for me, too!!! 🙂
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…Rosemary Roasted Almonds
It’s a little silly but whatever works, right?!
[…] Week 1 Alpha Week 2 Alpha Week 3 Alpha Week 4 Alpha Week 5 Beta Week 1 Beta Week 2 Beta Week 3 Beta Week […]