Time for some life updates! It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about what the heck’s been going on around here. So here we go (in no particular order)…
1. Last week was huge for me career wise. I was promoted to project manager! Honestly, the best part wasn’t the promotion itself but rather all the love I received from my coworkers. I work with some pretty amazing people, and that is something I’m super grateful for.
2. Speaking of wonderful coworkers, Erin was in town last week for a couple of days. She and her husband were going on a cruise that took off from Miami so she was able to work from our office down here. Erin lives in Chicago so this was a VERY welcome change for her. Not only were we able to enjoy the great weather, but we also had the chance to enjoy delicious dinners at new restaurants. Good food plus good company is always a good thing!
3. I’m going to NYC at the beginning of May. It’s a work trip, but I’m still looking forward to exploring the city as much as possible. AND the best part is that I am going to see Aladdin on Broadway!!! My manager and I share a particular fondness for this particular Disney movie, so you can imagine how freakin’ excited we are! We pretty much turn into 10 year old girls every time we talk about it. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
4. My dad was recognized last week…because of my blog! He and my mom were at the (mostly) Indian mall in Atlanta, and someone (hi Jasmine!) asked if he was my dad. He said yes and asked how she knew me, so she mentioned My Inner Shakti. This was cool because I myself have never been recognized in public, so to have my dad be recognized was super exciting…and a little funny!
5. I went to a photography class on Saturday. Best decision ever! Since getting my DSLR camera, I’ve done a little bit of online research on things like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. But it all finally came together for me at the end of this class. Of course, I still need to practice everything I learned, but I’m so much less intimated now. However, this doesn’t mean that I know anything about photo composition…still working on developing an eye for that! Anyways, I plan to blog more about this experience soon!
6. You guys. I made a complete Indian meal…and it tasted it pretty good. This is huge because while I’m decent cook, Indian food is something I have a hard time getting right. Ironic, I know. When I told Vishnu that I was going to make Indian food when Robin and Andy came over, his response was, “No no no no no.” My response back was, “Get over it! We’re eating Indian food.” Well, even my skeptical husband enjoyed the chickpea stew (chole) and spiced potatoes (bataka nu shaak). Go me! Now I just have to make it more often.
7. In less than two weeks, we’ll be attending the wedding of our good friend Naveen! We’ve known Naveen for over 10 years now, and I can’t wait to see him marry the love of his life. I’m so looking forward to celebrating with all of our friends. Love, good friends, good food, and good music – what more do you need?!
8. And last but finally not least the Tough Mudder is this Sunday. WHAT!? I haven’t blogged about my training at all, but I’ve been working on it. And even though I think my strength has increased a little bit, I’m VERY nervous. The running part doesn’t phase me much (right now anyways), but knowing how crazy the obstacles are puts knots in my stomach. Oh well, at least Robin will be by my side – that’s pretty much what’s keeping me sane right now! And while i didn’t blog about the training part, I’ll definitely be posting about the experience.
So tell me, what’s going on in your life right now?
26 thoughts on “Life Lately”
Congrats on the promotion!!! So awesome.
I love that your Dad was recognized, so hilarious. I was recognized once. I wash holding an open bottle of wine in one hand and a glass (Red cup styles) of wine in the other and someone asked me if I was The Healthy Maven…I was like uhhhhhh maaaaaybe? That was embarassing lol
Davida @The Healthy Maven recently posted…You CAN Do It + An Announcement!
And your recognition story is the best I’ve heard…ever!
Congratulations on the promotion!!! Well deserves, I am sure. 🙂
The Tough Mudder will be fun! Just remember it’s not a sprint. You’ll be fine!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Super Clean Eating is Fun
And I think I’ll be ok. I’ve heard that the running is pretty slow and the amount of teamwork that occurs (among all participants) is incredible. Starting to get more excited!
Congratulations on the promotion, Parita!! Working with nice co-workers is always such a good plus. Good luck with the tough muddler.
Priyanka recently posted…What’s in my bag!
Thank you and thank you! And yes, good coworkers can make or break your experience.
CONGRATS on the promotion! And on cooking a complete Indian meal!!!
Ok – so I have to know – was it Global Mall where your dad was recognized as the father of a celebrity?
Good luck at the ToughMudder!
Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted…Breakfast Biscotti
Thank you! I honestly don’t know what deserves more kudos…the meal perhaps!
And yes it was at Global Mall!
Hah, was your Dad at Global Mall? We were there Saturday evening… 🙂
Lakshmi recently posted…Phir Aaj Mujhe Tum Ko Itna Bataana Hain…
Yep, it was at Global Mall! They were there on Friday night!
Congratulations on the promotion & good luck on the Tough Mudder run!!
Krystal @ Krystal’s Korner recently posted…Kate Spade Friends & Family Sale
Thank you and thank you! I need all the luck I can get 🙂 Haha!
Congrats!!! On your dad’s recognition of your blog and on the promotion and on going to NYC. So many good things going on in your life!!!
Joyti recently posted…Pistachio Yogurt Cake
Thank you, Joyti! It’s going to be a fun couple of months. 🙂
Oh wow, congrats on your job! That is so awesome! Good luck at the tough mudder! Alex did one last year and he said it was pretty intense 😉
Thanks, Liz! And I’m expecting the TM to be intense x 10!
Congrats, Parita! That’s really awesome 🙂 I’m so jealous that you’re seeing Aladdin on Broadway. That sounds so amazing!
Lauren recently posted…Weekend Things
Thanks! And Aladdin is one of my favorite movies ever…SO excited!
Congrats on your promotion!! That’s awesome! Almost as awesome as your dad getting recognized- hilarious 🙂
And Aladdin on Broadway sounds awesome! I can’t wait to hear about it!
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted…April Meal Plan in Pictures
Thank you! You’re right – that was an epic moment! Too funny!
congrats on the promotion dear : ) so many things to look forward to. One of my friend is doing the Tough Mudder too, will be cheering for you both!
Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
Thank you, friend! I’ll need all the virtual cheering I can get 🙂
It was me who recognized your mom and dad. It was so nice of them to visit my boutique and they were looking a dress for you…
Good Luck for your race and congrats on promotions.
Next time you in Atlanta, do plan to come and visit us…
Hi Jasmine! I love that you recognized my dad! I’ll definitely come say hi next time I’m at Global Mall.
You are going to KILL tough mudder and please try not to get electrocuted!
CONGRATS on the promotion- I’d kill for you to be my manager- Legit, if you guys ever want an Aussie working for you- I’m all ears. I’m surprised your mother didn’t disown you for taking THIS LONG to conjure up a full Indian! 😉
Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Blogger collaborations- Are you being taken advantage of?
Thanks – I sure hope so!
And thanks – let’s come up with a plan to get you here STAT! 🙂