After yet another week away, I’m home! And now it’s time to play catch-up.
1. The wedding we attended in North Carolina was an absolute blast. From the minute we got to the hotel on Saturday to the minute we left on Monday, it was one big non-stop party. I wish all of our close friends lived next door. How great would that be!
2. My work trip to Chicago was a lot of fun. I don’t get to see many of my coworkers all that often, so it was nice to reconnect. More often than not, we were reconnecting over food…and lots of it. I didn’t take many pictures of my meals, but trust me when I say that we pretty much ate all the food. Every meal included glasses of wine, a variety of appetizers, our main meal, and dessert. The best thing I ate was definitely the turtle brownie sundae at Bridge House Tavern. Yum.
3. I am happy to report that this past weekend was full of nothingness. On Saturday, we slept in, watched four episodes of Boy Meets World, watched the Dawgs win (!!!), and lounged until dinnertime. Around 8:00 pm, we met up with our friends Andy and Robin for dinner and fro-yo. Our outing also included celebrity sightings. Vishnu and Andy spotted Greg Oden and Shane Battier (Miami Heat players) walking to dinner with a group of friends. Even though I had no idea who these two were, it was fun to see the guys so excited!
Since no one had any major post-dinner plans, we decided to make it a Taboo game night. We ended up playing for 2.5 hours! Unfortunately, Robin and I lost by one point. I blame the wine.
Sunday included a lot of the usual – cleaning, grocery shopping, and football watching.
4. Best Body Bootcamp started today…thank goodness. I am ready to buckle down and get my workouts and eating habits back on track. Wish me luck!
5. I highly recommend that everyone watch this TED talk about The power of vulnerability by Brene Brown. I also recommend that everyone read this article about the human body’s physiological response to exercise. And finally, I recommend that everyone read this article about living a life of purpose.
I think all of the above brings us to the present day. With that being said, have a great Monday!