In no particular order…
1. I got to work super-duper early on Monday (jet lag) and realized that I had no clue what my network password was because I changed it the day before we left for India. Nevertheless, I tried until the system locked me out. Then I called IT, only to learn that they don’t get in until 7:30 CST.
Once the whole password thing was all straightened out, I realized that my Outlook wasn’t updating because it was offline. I got back on the phone with IT, only to have my inbox deleted. I was back in business…THREE hours later. Happy Monday to me!
2. Speaking of jet lag, it’s a B****. It’s gotten progressively better as the week’s gone on, but my bedtime has been 8:30 pm every night. My goal is to make it to 10:00 pm tonight. Wish me luck!
3. I cannot shake this cold, and to top it off, my nose is now peeling at the tip. Vishnu tells me it’s because I blow my nose too often and too hard. He may be right.
4. I came home for lunch the other day to a very quiet apartment with Vishnu nowhere to be found. I walked into our bedroom and saw him intently playing a video game. The reason he couldn’t hear me was because he was wearing his headphones. I took the opportunity to sneak up behind him and wait until he turned his head and saw me standing there. I scared the living daylights out of him! I laughed and laughed while he just shook his head. And then I did it again…well 3 more times to be exact. That’s when he got mad and told me it wasn’t funny. Oops. I guess I took it too far!
5. Vishnu and I will be heading back to the airport tomorrow morning. We’re attending a friend’s wedding in NC. It’s an Indian wedding which means I get to wear my new outfits!
You see, the problem with Indian clothes is that after a while you have no choice but to repeat certain outfits, especially when it comes to weddings. At least I do. Until, of course, you or someone in the family goes to India. Now I have lots of new things to wear!
6. I’ll be in Chicago for a team meeting all next week. It’ll be nice to see all of my coworkers…and eat at fun new restaurants four nights in a row. Self-control…self-control…self-control. Yeahhh…we’ll see about that.
7. I’m participating in the next round of Best Body Bootcamp. Woo! I honestly can’t wait to strength train on a regular basis again. And this time, I’m going to be consistent, unlike the last round where I really only did weeks 1-4.
8. I can’t wait for all my favorite shows to come back….in a month. Grrrr.
9. College football starts this weekend. GO DAWGS!!!
10. I know I am stating the obvious, but Sunday is September 1st. SEPTEMBER. When did that happen?
And with that, I’ll stop with this week’s random musings. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!