1. I’m a “cookieaholic.” In fact, after reading Dixya’s post about Lindsay’s cookies, I knew exactly what I had to do after work on Friday. Like literally the minute I stepped inside the apartment. I wasted no time whipping up a batch of these Peanut Butter Avocado cookies (trust me, you absolutely can’t taste the avocado). Let’s just say, I had no regrets!
2. My new colleague, Bhusha, is honestly one of the nicest people ever. We spent a good portion of the weekend together, and it truly felt like I was hanging out with one of my girlfriends. She has such a beautiful spirit. I already told her that come Friday, I’m going to cry. She thinks I’m kidding. Ha!
[Bhusha hates getting her picture taken so let’s pretend I was able to capture one of us together.]
3. I have another restaurant recommendation for y’all. Nexxt Café on Lincoln Mall Road is awesome. At first, I was a little nervous after seeing the extensive menu. There were easily 100+ different dishes listed. We ended up picking some winners…
Sweet corn tamales (YUM!)
Spinach artichoke dip
4. Gelato is the best thing ever. EVER. Gelateria 4-D (also on Lincoln Mall Road) has some delicious, super creamy gelato. A must try if you’re in South Beach.
5. I could get used to dinner views like this. Definitely.
What was a major highlight from your weekend?
8 thoughts on “5 Key Takeaways from the Weekend”
That looks like an amazing weekend! Gelato is the BEST invention ever. Leave it to the Italians. 😉
This weekend Blend was my highlight… I hope you can come next year!!!
OMG.. I’m so excited for my trip to Miami after seeing your pics… especially the view. Maybe I’ll make those cookies this weekend since I’m avoiding butter and sugar… avocados are good for you. Right! Highlight.. I cooked a lot this weekend, visited my mom. It was very productive. 🙂
Sounds like a wonderful weekend, indeed! And agreed about Gelato…it’s the only dessert which comes close in my mind to ice cream :)! A highlight from my weekend was definitely dinner out with a few girlfriends followed by Great Gatsby..a pretty great way to kickstart it!
Cookies and gelato?! Must you tempt my sweet tooth at 10:15 PM? 😛 I’d have to say that the highlight from my weekend was the fact that it was a long one and that I got to spend time with an old friend who was in town for a couple of days. Nothing like catching up with someone who you haven’t seen in a few years and feeling like no time at all had passed.
yay! glad you loved the cookies 🙂
Gelato really is the best thing ever. And those views! Gorg!
So much fun! [And can you send me some of those cookies?]
Blend was definitely the highlight of my weekend…although I was too stuffed on Saturday night to eat the incredible flavors of gelato offered at the restaurant. [Blasphemy, I know.]
so many good eats for you Parita 🙂 I had a very quiet, lot of me-time this weekend. Also, I learned I am way more boring than I thought I was 🙁