1. Remember when I blogged about Coursera? The whole concept got me really excited, especially when I learned that Khushboo signed up for a class too. I decided to forgo the Philosophy class (for now) and signed up for two nutrition classes…that overlap for six weeks. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking when I did that, but I think it’ll be fine since the level of learning I’ve selected is understanding (and not application or synthesis).
Anyway, the Fundamentals of Nutrition class started this past week, therefore I spent a few hours over the weekend reading about nutrition basics, dietary guidelines, and dietary tracking. Call me crazy but I miss being in school sometimes. Probably because I love to learn – especially about something that’s become a passion of mine. I can’t wait to apply and share all of this new knowledge…yep, I’m a nerd. We’ll see how it all goes…one week at a time.
2. I have to share the cute birthday card and picture my sister sent me.
Love it! I called to thank her for the sweet card, and about half way through the conversation we started talking about how I “bullied” her when we were younger. Because we’re almost seven years apart, it was quite easy to get my way. For example, I’d change the rules of any game if I was losing. If Aekta didn’t go along with what I said, I’d yell and walk away. A little while later, she would come get me so that we could continue with
our my game. I’m surprised she still talks to me!!
3. Khusbu (my friend from college) and I had a little girls’ day on Saturday. I’m not going to post any pictures because I feel bad for those of you who are experiencing a brutal winter right now (which I’m guessing is a lot of you). Let’s just say the weather was beautiful enough that we were able to stop for some fro-yo and then go get manicures/pedicures. We ended our night with dinner and drinks at Tap42. I had my second blueberry beer ever and loved it! And for dinner I went with the housemade veggie burger. A very good choice!
4. After reading about Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains on Mila’s blog the other day, I knew I had to try them out. I made a pit stop at Target on my way home from running errands and ended up purchasing two – one in Honey (a neutral, slightly pink shade) and the other in Romantic (a dark pink/reddish shade).
Me being me, the first thing I did after getting in the car was tear off the packaging so that I could try one of these out. My initial thought? I LOVE this lip product! It’s a cross between a lip balm and a sheer lipstick -super creamy and highly pigmented. And so far, the staying power seems to be pretty good as well. Yay…new makeup makes me giddy!
4. I know I’m late to the party, but I finally got around to making cauliflower crust pizza. Best. Decision. Ever. If you haven’t already, make this pizza. It is absolutely delicious.
I used Brittany’s recipe as a guide. My modifications included using the entire cauliflower head, two eggs, cheddar cheese, and a couple pinches of salt. For the toppings, I used store bought tomato sauce, sautéed onions, spinach, and red bell pepper, sliced olives, and feta cheese.
The crust was flavorful and hearty. While it didn’t taste like a regular pizza crust, in my humble opinion, it was 10x more delicious. And for those of you who don’t like the taste of cauliflower, don’t worry. With everything else that goes into it and on top of it, the cauliflower flavor isn’t overwhelming at all.
Bottom line…make this pizza as soon as humanly possible.
6. Finally, I started researching Miami apartments because Vishnu and I are 99% sure we’re moving in a few months! More on this later…I promise!
Did you buy, make, or try anything new this weekend?
21 thoughts on “Random Weekend Snippets”
Those classes sound really fun!! And cauliflower crust pizza is awesome, although I couldn’t get mine to really stick together haha
We had to eat ours with forks! Not sure how to get it to stick, but regardless it was delish!
I need to try making cauliflower crust pizza! I’m late to that party. It looks and sounds so good 🙂 Nothing too exciting this weekend. I did make an edamame and white bean dip yesterday, but it was version 1.0. I’m going to try the recipe again tonight and add some different ingredients for a version 2.0 and see which comes out on top 🙂
You MUST make this pizza – so good! And I’m def. going to try out your dip!
Hey there fellow nerd :)! I watched a couple of the lectures today & I am LOVING it so far…it sure makes me miss education ha! I am totally geeking out and note-taking along the way! Sounds like you had a great weekend, especially Saturday with Khushbu! I tried 2 new restaurants over the weekend which I’m so glad I did- always great to expand our dining options here :)!
Glad you’re loving class too! So excited that we’re taking it “together.” 🙂
I can’t wait to hear about your nutrition class. I miss being in school too!
Cauliflower crust is where it’s at! I’m making mine for a friend tomorrow night. It doesn’t even need cheese (read: more for the topping!).
Miami?? Please expect a visitor. 😉
YOU are welcome ANY TIME!!!
yaaay! I’m so glad you like it! I got the same exact two colors on my first trip! and then i promptly went back and got 4 more! they last so long. I hate having to think about touchups during the work day and even after eating lunch it stays! I just have to keep reapplying a chapstick over the stain so it doesn’t look dried out but that’s something I do throughout the day whether i’m wearing a stain or not, so they are my new obsession 🙂
MILA! I love both of the stains I bought! Love, love, love! I’m already thinking about what other colors to buy! Haha.
yaay! this is why i love blogging so much. i learn so much from others and give back by sharing things i love along too! enjoy!
I love those kissable stains! We went to a wine class on Saturday so I tried four delicious new wines 🙂
That card is adorable!
Thanks, Kacy! And I love finding new (delicious) wines. My problem is that I never write down the names…
those classes sounds so fun.. reminds me how exicted i was when i took nutrition classes 🙂 i hope you learn alot. I have been trying to make cauliflower crust pizza for so long but i have failed twice and now im too scared to even attempt. but i think i may give one last shot because i hear its so delicious! lucky you for moving to Miami- u will get all your vit D needs met soon 😛 I did not really do much this weekend- it was just a lot of work
Haha! I was thinking about the Vitamin D thing the other day. 🙂
how exciting you are moving to Miami? OMG! Party land! so i’ve heard so much about the cauliflower pizza, but never quite got around to it. sounds like a great spring recipe.. i’ll have to bookmark it. Anything to save on those carbs. 🙂
I was super hesitant about moving at first because I didn’t want to live in the middle of a big party. However, the neighborhood we like is a fun mix of everything – AND I’ll hopefully be walking distance from work!
Cauliflower pizza?!? How did I miss this? Now that I’ve seen how awesome it looks, I must try it asap.
Make it soon. SO good!
Yes, I was so impressed with the cauliflower crust! WHo knew it could be so impressive? Agreed, it doesn’t taste like regular dough, but it’s pretty amazing!
[…] night ended with some cauliflower crust pizza and a few more episodes of The West Wing. Obsessed […]