A few weeks ago, I attended a workshop about social media and the workplace. The presenter started the session with an eye opening video that really changed the way I view social media. In a little less than three minutes, I learned quite a few fun facts that really hit home the point that the world we live in is forever transformed by social media in all its forms.
After reading Tina’s post today, I remembered that I wanted to share this video. Blogging is a form of social media after all. If you’re an avid Facebooker, Tweeter, blogger, or even emailer, be sure to check it out. I think you’ll like it!
The most surprising facts for me were…
– In 10 years, over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer exist.
– A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
– Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of North Korea, Australia, Chile, Israel, Sweden, and Greece.
– If Wikipedia were a book, it would be 2.25 million pages long.
– Babies have been named Facebook in Egypt.
Crazy stuff, huh!?
Did this video shock you, even a little bit? Which facts stick out in your mind?