I wasn’t expecting you to come so quickly, but now that you’re almost here, I’m excited to greet you with open arms!
2011 was a wonderful year, but I have a feeling you’re going to be even better. I’m so excited to see what you have in store for me.
In all honesty, I’ve been thinking a lot about your arrival. With others in the past, I really tried to think through what I wanted to accomplish. I would even write down my goals with a sense of excitement. However, after about a month or so, that list of goals would end up in the bottom of some drawer or basket in my house. Don’t worry though – it’s going to be different with us! I promise.
For one thing, I have a blog now. This means that when I make public declarations, I do my best to stick them. I think it’s called blogger responsibility or something like that. Another huge thing that’s really going to help our relationship is my upcoming wedding. This means that we’re going to have to work harder then ever the first six months of the year…I hope you’re up to that! And don’t worry, I won’t leave you hanging the last half of the year. No one can keep us apart, not even Vishnu!
So with all that, 2012, I present to you our detailed daily plan of attack.
– Drink at least 48 ounces of water every day. No excuses.
– Eat at least 3 servings of both fruits and vegetables every day. And remember, variety is key.
– Incorporate protein into every single meal and snack. Again, variety is the spice of life.
– Try to make one new-to-me meal a week (this will help a lot after the wedding).
– Go to at least two spin classes a week.
– Continue running two times a week
– Strength train 2-3 times a week (DVDs, classes at the gym, etc.)
– Take 15-20 minutes every night to prepare for the next day – make lunch, prep breakfast if needed, iron clothes, etc.
– Turn off the TV and laptop by 9:15 pm every night and read for at least 15 minutes before bed.
– Try to blog at least 4 times a week, as it’s a creative outlet and stress reliever.
– Make a conscious effort to eat slower (keep the Slow Down Challenge in mind).
I think this list covers all the major things I want to focus on daily. I know you span an entire 365 days, but I am a big believer at taking things a day at a time. I know I’m a little ambitious and sometimes even a little stubborn, but I think we’ll get along just fine!
See you VERY soon!!
0 thoughts on “Dear 2012”
Love it! I have pretty similar goals as well and I know how much life can get in the way as well. Eeeek! Wedding! I love weddings and am getting inexplicably excited for yours.
Will post about my 2012 goals too 🙂
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas too and have a fun NYE celebration! 2012 here we come!! 😀 😀
Can’t wait to read about your goals! I love the beginning of a new year – it’s like a fresh start. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and hope your New Year’s is even better!!!
Love how you broke down the goals in detail, thats the best way to do it! Good luck!
Cannot believe it is going to be 2012 already!
I know! It’s going to be quite a year for you too!
Cute post format and love your goals! I am still thinking about mine while trying to strike the balance of being both ambitious yet realistic! These next 6 months are going to fly for you with wedding planning: I am sure your goals will help both mentally and physically!
Hope you have some fun plans for Saturday night to ring in your new ‘buddy’ ie 2012 🙂
Thanks, K! I always decide on big, lofty goals that aren’t really actionable, so I thought I’d change things this year and be more realistic!
Enjoy your New Year’s!
very cute. wow, you have so many versions of your exercise, my goal is to hit the gym 2 times a week, 3 is like amazing. i’m working on my goals for 2012 as well… some of them are shallow. 🙂
I love your resolutions! I need to work on getting enough H20 as well 🙂
[…] #1: So, as I stated in my January goals post, increasing my water consumption was a top priority for me. And believe me when I say, the […]