The other day I was researching gyms near my new apartment in Florida and got really excited! It’s the small things. See, there was nothing, and I mean nothing, near my old apartment. Never mind gyms, there were no restaurants or grocery stores within 5-7 miles.
Anyways, I think I found the perfect gym for me, AND it’s only one mile from my new apartment. Woo hoo! Again, it’s the small things.
Not only do the facilities look really nice and modern, but the group class schedule has a lot of fun and challenging classes listed. I took full advantage of group classes in undergrad and can’t wait to do it again.
One of the many classes offered is Zumba! I’ve only ever been to two Zumba classes, but both times, I had a blast. It’s a fun way to release stress, sweat a ton, and burn major calories. And both times I went, the music alone made me want to keep going.
I mean, look at these people having a blast!
I found a great article in the Huffington Post today about the benefits of Zumba and got 10 times more excited about becoming a regular! By the time you finish reading this post, you may be looking up local classes too.
Here are a few of my takeaways…
- Zumba burns major calories. On average, you can expect to burn 400-900 calories in an hour. I’ve actually met a few women who have lost a substantial amount of weight from Zumba. It’s intense!
- This is one class where the entire body gets toned. I still remember feeling incredibly sore after my first time Zumba”ing.” No part of the body is left unworked, and you may even discover muscles that you didn’t even know existed.
- All ages are welcome. This is one workout that doesn’t discriminate! I would say the age range for the classes I attended was 16-65.
- It never gets old and can be adapted for any fitness level. YOU decide how hard to push and challenge yourself.
- Zumba will be the quickest hour in your day. Just think of it as one big dance party!
- You’re guaranteed to have fun and leave happy. One study even showed that Zumba can improve your mood. It’s infectious!
So, who’s with me!? Let’s Z-Z-Z-Zumba!
Do you do the whole group fitness thing? What’s your favorite class?
6 thoughts on “The Many Benefits of Z-Z-Z-Zumba!!!”
One of my old co-workers taught Zumba on the side. She used to teach us after work to practice – SO MUCH FUN! Enjoy!
It really is a blast!
I am SO glad you posted this, P! My mom came across a zumba instructor here who comes home for private classes (perk #54 of living in Mumbai) and she asked me whether I wanted to do it with her. I have never tried zumba but have heard rave reviews. After reading this, I definitely would like to give it a shot! Also I’m glad you found a gym within a mile of your new place- having it nearby makes all the difference!
You are so lucky – your very own instructor! Nice! I think you’d really enjoy it too. Let me know if you decide to give it a shot!
I really want to try Zumba… but I’m scared I don’t have the coordination to do it! I have trouble following the instructor’s moves in a lot of fitness classes… which is why I generally prefer to exercise solo. 😛
I can never get myself to an organized class because I exercise so early in the morning!