The other day I was researching gyms near my new apartment in Florida and got really excited! It’s the small things. See, there was nothing, and I mean nothing, near my old apartment. Never mind gyms, there were no restaurants or grocery stores within 5-7 miles.
Anyways, I think I found the perfect gym for me, AND it’s only one mile from my new apartment. Woo hoo! Again, it’s the small things.
Not only do the facilities look really nice and modern, but the group class schedule has a lot of fun and challenging classes listed. I took full advantage of group classes in undergrad and can’t wait to do it again.
One of the many classes offered is Zumba! I’ve only ever been to two Zumba classes, but both times, I had a blast. It’s a fun way to release stress, sweat a ton, and burn major calories. And both times I went, the music alone made me want to keep going.
I mean, look at these people having a blast!
I found a great article in the Huffington Post today about the benefits of Zumba and got 10 times more excited about becoming a regular! By the time you finish reading this post, you may be looking up local classes too.
Here are a few of my takeaways…
- Zumba burns major calories. On average, you can expect to burn 400-900 calories in an hour. I’ve actually met a few women who have lost a substantial amount of weight from Zumba. It’s intense!
- This is one class where the entire body gets toned. I still remember feeling incredibly sore after my first time Zumba”ing.” No part of the body is left unworked, and you may even discover muscles that you didn’t even know existed.
- All ages are welcome. This is one workout that doesn’t discriminate! I would say the age range for the classes I attended was 16-65.
- It never gets old and can be adapted for any fitness level. YOU decide how hard to push and challenge yourself.
- Zumba will be the quickest hour in your day. Just think of it as one big dance party!
- You’re guaranteed to have fun and leave happy. One study even showed that Zumba can improve your mood. It’s infectious!
So, who’s with me!? Let’s Z-Z-Z-Zumba!
Do you do the whole group fitness thing? What’s your favorite class?