The super awesome Alexa nominated me for a blogger award! With this award come some big responsibilities – I have to share 7 things about myself and then share the love with other bloggers. Luckily, I’m up for it!
7 Random Things About Me You’d Probably Never Guess From Reading My Blog:
- When I was about 2 years old, my mom and I traveled to India to visit my aunts and grandparents. When it was time to come home, my mom considered leaving me there for a few months because my dad’s friend who owned an advertising agency wanted me to be the face of some mango juice company and/or be in the commercials. My dad was not too keen on the idea and wanted me to come home with my mom because he missed me! That was my one and only opportunity to become famous, and I missed it! I could have been a Bollywood star, dad!!! Sometimes I still think about the what if…. 🙂
- I can’t do cartwheels. I have tried and tried again, but I just can’t. In fact, my dumb middle school gym teacher gave me a B because of it. Not only was I embarrassed because I was like the only one who couldn’t do a freakin cartwheel, but my middle school GPA almost suffered because of this as well. Well, I was NOT going to let my one and only B be in PE. No way! So, I made my mom call the school and refute it, which she did (love you, mom). I ended up with an A-, and I am still a little bitter to this day.
- I am not very flexible [at all]. Case in point – I can’t touch my toes. Yes, you read that correctly. This is also very embarrassing, but what can you do?! I am working on it!
- I failed the written portion of my driving test the first time I took it. Let me explain. I failed because I didn’t think it was necessary to study or even flip through the reference guide. I think I cried for hours while my parents laughed at me. LOL!
- Speaking of driving, I used to have A LOT of road rage. I’m talking about the yelling, cursing, honking, middle finger giving kind of road rage. Yes, I know…not good. After moving to Tucson, where everyone operates in slow motion, I learned to calm down and take it easy. And now I live in the suburbs of Boston, where it’s pretty much the same as Tucson. The rage is still there but I’m learning to control it. I let people in, I slow down, and most importantly, I smile, look forward, and keep driving – no more middle fingers here!
- I hate frozen peas. Nothing grosses me out more than soft, mushy peas. I will pick every last one of them out of a dish, and I don’t really care if that’s rude. Ha! I also hate cilantro… don’t ask.
- I do everything fast…super fast. I walk fast, talk fast, eat fast (although I’ve gotten better on this one), shop fast, type fast, read fast…fast fast fast! As I get older, I’m learning to slow down a little…I’m a work in progress.
Well, now that you know some weird and random things about me please keep reading my blog!!! I’m just as nice as I am quirky…promise! 😉
Before I peace out for the night, I have one more responsibility to fulfill – to nominate some awesome bloggers for this award. Since I had to divulge 7 things about me, I’m nominating the following 7 ladies…
Ok, goodnight everyone! It’s a.l.m.o.s.t. FRIDAY!!!!!! WOOT!!!!