The super awesome Alexa nominated me for a blogger award! With this award come some big responsibilities – I have to share 7 things about myself and then share the love with other bloggers. Luckily, I’m up for it!
7 Random Things About Me You’d Probably Never Guess From Reading My Blog:
- When I was about 2 years old, my mom and I traveled to India to visit my aunts and grandparents. When it was time to come home, my mom considered leaving me there for a few months because my dad’s friend who owned an advertising agency wanted me to be the face of some mango juice company and/or be in the commercials. My dad was not too keen on the idea and wanted me to come home with my mom because he missed me! That was my one and only opportunity to become famous, and I missed it! I could have been a Bollywood star, dad!!! Sometimes I still think about the what if…. 🙂
- I can’t do cartwheels. I have tried and tried again, but I just can’t. In fact, my dumb middle school gym teacher gave me a B because of it. Not only was I embarrassed because I was like the only one who couldn’t do a freakin cartwheel, but my middle school GPA almost suffered because of this as well. Well, I was NOT going to let my one and only B be in PE. No way! So, I made my mom call the school and refute it, which she did (love you, mom). I ended up with an A-, and I am still a little bitter to this day.
- I am not very flexible [at all]. Case in point – I can’t touch my toes. Yes, you read that correctly. This is also very embarrassing, but what can you do?! I am working on it!
- I failed the written portion of my driving test the first time I took it. Let me explain. I failed because I didn’t think it was necessary to study or even flip through the reference guide. I think I cried for hours while my parents laughed at me. LOL!
- Speaking of driving, I used to have A LOT of road rage. I’m talking about the yelling, cursing, honking, middle finger giving kind of road rage. Yes, I know…not good. After moving to Tucson, where everyone operates in slow motion, I learned to calm down and take it easy. And now I live in the suburbs of Boston, where it’s pretty much the same as Tucson. The rage is still there but I’m learning to control it. I let people in, I slow down, and most importantly, I smile, look forward, and keep driving – no more middle fingers here!
- I hate frozen peas. Nothing grosses me out more than soft, mushy peas. I will pick every last one of them out of a dish, and I don’t really care if that’s rude. Ha! I also hate cilantro… don’t ask.
- I do everything fast…super fast. I walk fast, talk fast, eat fast (although I’ve gotten better on this one), shop fast, type fast, read fast…fast fast fast! As I get older, I’m learning to slow down a little…I’m a work in progress.
Well, now that you know some weird and random things about me please keep reading my blog!!! I’m just as nice as I am quirky…promise! 😉
Before I peace out for the night, I have one more responsibility to fulfill – to nominate some awesome bloggers for this award. Since I had to divulge 7 things about me, I’m nominating the following 7 ladies…
Ok, goodnight everyone! It’s a.l.m.o.s.t. FRIDAY!!!!!! WOOT!!!!
0 thoughts on “Show Me the Love…Blog Love!”
I’m so FAST, too! I need to slow the heck down. Oh yeah, and I have horrible road rage. It’s getting worse. Ha.
If I lived IN the city, mine would probably get worse too!!
Also can’t do a cartwheel, never could. Love frozen peas though!
Loved learning these things about you! I do everything super-fast too – I walk fast, read fast, and try to get everything done as efficiently as possible. For me, this means that I’m impatient, but I’m trying to work on that…
Hahaha! I’ve got terrible road rage, too. I think that mainly happens in the cities. L.A traffic is horrible, too. And I’m also trying to take things slower. I’m naturally impatient and fidgety so am always thinking, speaking, moving too fast.
I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’m from Atlanta, so I kinda blame that city for my crazy driving tendencies. I actually had to control myself this morning when a lady in a huge truck cut me off. I honked at her, and then she kept staring at my from her side mirror. I stared right back. I’ll get it right one day!
Aww thanks for nominating me:)! I need to think of my 7 things! I’m so relieved to have found another Indian who hates cilantro. The smell alone makes me want to gag, which sucks because it tends to feature in every Indian dish!
Every day when I read your blog I have a moment when I think “Oh my goodness, we’re SO similar!” I failed the writing portion of my permit test (twice), I cannot touch my toes (oww!!) and I cannot do cartwheels (wtf?) 🙂 I hope you have a faaantastic Friday, my friend!
3 for 3!!! I feel the same way about you! Can we please meet one day in “real” life?!
I could teach you how to do a cartwheel- don’t give up yet 😉
Yay, you nominated me! Very cool, thanks!
I’m super fast too everywhere I go whether I’m walking or driving. I zip around all over the place.
I use do LOVE to do cartwheels when I was little. I remember the last time I did, I did about 10 in a row and got the biggest nosebleed of my life…like both nostrils and a LOT. TMI? hehe
I also failed my first driving test, except it was the driving portion. I think I was nervous and turned left at a red light. The arrow was red, but the other lights were green and I was confused. Not sure what the heck I was thinking. I just know after I did it, I was like OMG what did I just do??
Thanks girl! Number 1 is a great story! As for the cartwheels, maybe I can teach you 😉
These blog awards a great! I love learning more about other bloggers. I live in the Boston area too. I’m with you on the road rage thing. I just swearing and yelling, no read-between-the-lines finger throwing or anything like that. You can’t go anywhere with out getting stuck in traffic or behind a street cleaner truck going 15 mph! I’m working on relaxing a bit. Classical music helps!
I failed the driving part of my test! haha Failll I was horrible at reversing. And yes my road rage is terrible. I have to call my bf and curse my rage bc I get so upset O_O I need to stop doing that lol 😀
Thanks for the tag girl! 😀
I’m super speedy at everything I do too! Luckily I’ve learned to slow down eating, but only if I’m distracted (like reading blogs haha!).
ohh thank you for the nomination that is so sweet! 🙂
I never would have guessed that you had road rage! too funny
I always think I can do carthwheels but I actually can’t and always fall over 😛
have a great weekend! 🙂