Week 6 is done and done! I can’t believe it…half way through with half marathon training. It’s going to be January 25th before I know it. Eek!
I think I can say with a fair amount of certainty that training is back to normal, meaning I don’t foresee anything that will derail it. Fingers crossed!
With that, here’s what week six looked like:
Monday – Gaiam TV yoga + 2 mile power walk
Tuesday – Rest
Wednesday – 40 minute treadmill run
Thursday – Full body strength training
Friday – 4 mile run
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – 8 mile run
Lots of variety this week. All in all I think I did ok, especially considering the fact that I was at a pretty busy training for three of those days!
Sunday’s long run went well. I ran it at a 10:41 average pace, which is a lot slower than I’d like to be at this point. But honestly, I’ll take it because even though I’m slow, I’m injury free (knock on wood!) and running the entire time.
So with this being the half way point, I thought I’d share some of my training highlights and lowlights.
– Being able to complete the majority of my runs OUTSIDE!
– Learning to be flexible because as we all know life’s plans ultimately trump our own
– 100% running all my runs with no walking breaks
– Maintaining balance by incorporating yoga and strength training into my plan
– No worrying knee pain (will talk about a brace Vishnu bought for me in another post)
– Not running as much as I would like to during the week – would like to fit in one more weekday run
– Not strength training as much as I would like to – would like to fit in one more day of ST
– Running on the treadmill has to be the absolute worse thing ever – have only had to do it twice so far…thank goodness
Like I said, it’s going good so far! And I’m hoping it only gets better from here.
Do you enjoy running on the treadmill? Any tips to make it bearable?
In case you’re interested, here are links to my weekly recaps: