This was a big weekend for me and Vishnu. It took us approximately 6-8 weeks, but we finished [binge] watching Parenthood…the whole dang show!
You guys, I’m not kidding when I say this may be the most emotional show ever to air on television. Every single episode pulls at your heart strings, and if you’re really into it, brings tears to your eyes. I loved this show [so much] for the genuine emotion, but in all honesty, the relatable and real storytelling was what captured and kept my attention for all six seasons.
Important note – Vishnu, the ultimate TV critic in my perspective, loved the show almost as much as I did. That’s saying A LOT!
If you’re not convinced yet, here are six [more] reasons to jump on the Parenthood bandwagon.
- Like I said, the show acknowledges real and relevant issues in ways that depict the true depth of the situations – Aspberger’s, single parenting, PTSD, affairs, cancer, general marital issues, adoption, teenage pregnancy, etc. You name it, this show likely addresses it.
- Looking for free therapy? Parenthood is it. Along with the characters, you’ll be forced to face and question everything in your own life. And don’t forget the tears…both happy and sad!
- As the name implies, the show, at its core, is all about family – the important/crazy/beautiful aspects of familial relationships!
- It’s not about the good guy vs. the bad guy. All of the characters are imperfect and flawed in their own ways. They disagree and hurt each other, but at the end of the day, the have nothing but love for one another.
- The show is brilliantly cast. And the chemistry this group of actors shared is as real as it gets. Such a talented bunch!
- Just when you think you know what’s going to happen next, there’s a twist. I love how the show kept me guessing until the very last episode.
As the final episode came to a close, I was left wanting a little bit more. Don’t get me wrong, the finale was absolutely perfect. I just didn’t want the show to end (should’ve watched a little slower!). Here’s to hoping there’s a Braverman reunion in our future!
Your turn – are you a Parenthood fan? If your answer is no, this needs to change!