I really expected this week to drag a little, especially because Vishnu’s on nights and I really don’t enjoy this schedule. For some reason, him being on nights makes me feel unproductive and lazy. I usually sit on the couch after putting Kaiden down and watch Friends, only to fall asleep on the couch by 9 pm. This time around though, I’ve been semi-productive. I think the ‘falling asleep on the couch’ thing only happened once. Look at me grow!
Anyways, with that, let’s move on to the five random things I want to share this week…
ONE – My youngest cousin on my mom’s side started college this week. I was talking to my masi (aunt) about it and how they’re doing, and something she said really hit me hard. She said, “Parita, I know everyone tells you this, but trust me, the time goes SO fast. I can’t believe Milan is 18 and starting college. I miss the days where I could just hold and kiss him whenever I wanted to. It’s like I blinked, and he grew up.”
Of course, that got me thinking about how K only has 16 years left with us at home before he goes off into the world. I know 16 years is a long time, but if you think about what you were doing 16 years ago, I’m sure you’ll feel like it was yesterday to some degree. Crazy!
TWO – We have quite a bit of travel coming up in September – December. I’m trying not to think about it too much, because when I do, I get really overwhelmed. Here’s a little rundown…
- September – Vishnu in Germany for bachelor party
- October – Cabo with the fam and London for work
- November – Bahamas for a wedding. Vishnu in Austin for a race.
- December – London for work and Atlanta for holidays (hopefully!)
So grateful for all of these opportunities and to take Kaiden on some fun adventures. It just feels like it’s happening all at once! Woooo sahhhhh!
THREE – I did a ‘ask me anything’ type thing on my Instagram stories this week, and whenever I even contemplate doing something like that, I get nervous. The thoughts that run through my head are – who cares, what will people think, who am I to do something like this, etc. So silly given that I’m doing it for fun, but those thoughts come up every now and then. A lot of the questions I got this time around were about being a new blogger, etc. I think it’s easy to say that you shouldn’t care about what other think, but it’s a lot harder to conquer that fear. I’m no exception. But once you do, it’s amazing. I got a handful of really good questions and loved answering them. Even better was all the engagement after I posted. So many fun DM convos!
This is all to say that if you have an idea, and it brings you joy, just do it! You won’t ever know what YOU’RE capable of if you only think about what others think you’re capable of. Prove them wrong (or right!).
Since K turned two, I’ve started saying nightly prayers with him. So when we enter his room for bedtime, I say, “Let’s say our prayers together.” And he nods yes or says ‘yeah.’ Then we go on to pray for the world, our individual family members, and friends/family that need special/more specific prayers. Then I sing a specific prayer song I really love. Before putting him down, I always sing the first couple of lines from “You are my sunshine.” I’ve been doing this since he was a little baby! Well, for some reason, K starts giggling like a madman when I do this, which makes me laugh too. It’s the best! Probably not for getting him to sleep right away, but his giggles always make my night!
As much as I want to pull my hair out sometimes, I really do love this age and the antics that comes with it!
For those of you thinking about making a purchase or two during the Sephora summer sale, I thought I’d share a few of my favorites.
- My Drunk Elephant picks are all listed in this post. I cannot tell you guys how much I love this brand and what it’s done for my skin. My BIL’s girlfriend who was just here less than a month ago told me my skin has transformed. It’s still not perfect, but she said it looks so much smoother.
If you’re a newbie to DE, I highly recommend starting with the Littles kit, figuring out which products really work for your skin and purchasing full size bottles accordingly.
The thing is DE is worth every penny, but it truly costs A LOT of pennies!
- I’ve fallen in love with this Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder again (I use the shade Dim Light). I used it all the time before having K and even afterwards but stopped using it when my skin started acting up last year and early this year. Well, I’m bringing it back into my routine because I love how it adds the right amount of color to my skin as well as a slight glow (without the grease). If you’re looking for a good setting powder, I would say this one is pretty perfect.
- And finally, if you need a good eyeshadow recommendation, I would check out Tarte. I have a smaller palette from the brand with six shades, and I love it! The formula is so buttery and it really doesn’t crease much at all throughout the day. And the different palettes/colors are gorgeous.
Well, folks, that’s all I have today! Until next week…
Have a wonderful weekend!