To be quite honest, I never thought I would actually attempt and stick with Kayla Istines Bikini Body Guide (BBG) workout plan. It looked too hard. Too intense. And like something I wouldn’t be able to get through in one piece.
Well, I’m happy to report that while it was hard and intense, I got through weeks 1-4 in one piece. Hardly, but I’m here to tell the tale!
My overall thoughts
- These workouts are no joke. They will make you super sore. After completing the week 1 abs/arms workout, I couldn’t sneeze or cough or move without some pain. Oofta!
- The high-intensity nature of the workouts is what makes them effective. Even though I knew this, I modified some of the moves to feel more comfortable. One of my biggest fears going into this whole thing was injury. I’m happy to report that by understanding and listening to my body I’ve been able to not only stay injury-free but also ward away my semi-regular knee pain.
- The workouts are designed to be completed in 28 minutes. At first, I thought, this is awesome…short and sweet! But yeah…it takes me 35-45 minutes at least.
- I know I’m making this sound like a miserable chore, but it really isn’t! I’m the kind of person who enjoys having a plan of attack ready to go, so in this way, it’s perfect. And it’s totally doable. You may have to modify and go at your own pace, but you can do it!
Weeks 1-4 results
- My body doesn’t look different, but I feel so much stronger! I’m able to complete most every rep with some leftover energy. And the soreness wasn’t quite as intense as the weeks progress.
- On a side note, I’m pretty sure I’ve gained some weight because of the steroids I’m only for my allergic reaction (will share more later). This gives me more reason to keep truckin’ forward with these BBG workouts.
What I plan to do differently for weeks 5-8
- For one, I plan to keep going with the three weekly BBG workouts. The schedule works well for me! I do want to add two lower intensity workouts to the weekly lineup. The other day, I went for a 45 minute walk and it felt so good. I loved not having an agenda and just moving.
- The second thing I want/plan to do differently is improve my food choices. It’s not that I’m making horrible decisions left and right. However, I know myself and know I could do better. And not that it’s an excuse, but the steroids do apparently make you hungrier, so I’m hoping to see an improvement once I wean off this week. We shall see…
And that’s BBG weeks 1-4, my friends! Wish me luck with weeks 5-8…it’s gonna get tough(er)!