With two loads of laundry annoyingly calling out to me from the other room asking to be folded, I’m going to have to bullet point this week’s Friday thoughts…
- My BIL, Niel, gets in tonight! We’re so excited to see him, and again, he’s probably super excited to see Kaiden. It’s been about 2.5 months since the last time he visited. Can’t wait for this uncle nephew reunion!
- My other BIL, Adarsh, is organizing a birthday shindig for my sister on Saturday. It’s at a bar/restaurant…and we’re bringing Kaiden. Don’t judge! I told Vishnu I’ll go home if at any point we feel uncomfortable having him there.
- I made a special birthday dinner on Tuesday for my two favorites (the hubs and the sissy) – roasted veggies and Instant Pot mac n’ cheese. I’m not exaggerating by any means when I say this was some of the best mac n’ cheese I’ve ever tasted. It was so creamy and rich. Definitely adding this to my Thanksgiving menu!
- Speaking of the IP, if you own one, you absolutely need to make this vegetarian lentil tortilla soup. It’s fantastic and SO SO easy to make. Chop and drop at it’s finest! Even Vishnu, my greatest fan AND critic, loved this recipe! That’s saying something…trust me!
- We had another poop filled adventure earlier this week, and it was kind of hilarious. Probably because Vishnu was the star of that show. To make a long story short, Kaiden’s diaper overflowed on to Vishnu, our sofa, and the carpet while I was out running errands. I got a call from V as I entered the Target parking lot. He asked me how far I was, and when I told him, he asked if I could come back home. Thankfully, we have a great stain remover that did the trick pretty quickly. All the while, Kaiden just smiled, cooed, and kicked his little heart out! Ha!
That’s all she wrote this week, folks! Here are a few good links for your reading pleasure. Have a GREAT weekend!
I love Ellen oh so much!
It sound extreme, but this is one of the reasons we refuse to share identifying pictures of K online.
Love these easy meditations for every day encounters.
Love all of these…especially #11!
I can’t even pick favorites…all of this advice is great!
Something all moms need to read.
DEFINITELY making these brownies this weekend!
A really interesting piece on gun control by a gun owner.