Valentine’s Day. Not a big deal in the MIS household. Vishnu’s philosophy has always been that we should show and celebrate our love all the time. More than that, he believes Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark holiday aimed to sucker people into spending $$$.
When we first started dating all those years ago, I was a little offended that he didn’t want to celebrate with me. But when he explained his reasoning, I was on board…albeit a little hesitantly at first!
So while we won’t be celebrating with a fancy dinner out or flowers and chocolates, I can’t help but share my favorite love quotes with you all today. I’m still very much a romantic at heart and always will be!
Enjoy and happy love day/weekend, y’all!
2. “Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.” – Unknown
3. “The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere.
They’re in each other all along.”
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
5. “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” – Rose Franken
6. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Dr. Seuss
7. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,
“You owe me.”
With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.
9. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
10. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
11. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
12. “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
13. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – A.A. Milne
14. “If you love something, love it completely, cherish it, say it, but most importantly, show it. Life is finite and fragile, and just because something is there one day, it might not be the next. Never take that for granted. Say what you need to say, then say a little more. Say too much. Show too much. Love too much. Everything is temporary but love. Love outlives us all.” – R.Queen