Are you a quirky person?
If you answered no to that question, you’re lying! I believe that every single one of us is quirky in our own ways. It may be more evident in some people [like myself], but if we dig deep, we all have little things that are very “us.”
And there’s nothing like a little travel to bring out the quirky in a person. During my flight to London, I sat down and made a list of all my quirky travel habits and preferences…just for fun. I’m hoping some of you can relate (and tell me if you do in the comments!).
Without further ado, here are 14 of my most prevalent quirks and preferences!
- As much as I hate sitting and waiting at the airport, I like/need to arrive at least 1.5 hours before boarding time.
- I’m not a Starbuck’s person in my day-to-day life, but when I travel, there’s a 95% chance I’ll buy a fancy drink.
- Without fail, I grab the armrests the minute the plane touches the ground.
- I like to sleep. Correction – I LOVE the sleep. And I can pretty much sleep anywhere, including on planes which is what you’ll find me doing 99% of the time.
- I will do absolutely anything to avoid having to use the bathroom on the plane.
- I don’t drink liquids when flying if I can avoid it [see #5].
- I [used to] sneak my way in one boarding group early…every time I flew.
- I did #7 because I like being the first one in my row so I can get situated.
- #8 includes claiming my space and putting my armrest down [you would be surprised by how many people think they can take over my seat space because I’m on the smaller side].
- A new habit of mine is using hand sanitizer three separate times during a flight. Don’t want to get sick.
- One of my favorite things to do is pull out the in-flight magazine and tackle the crossword puzzle and all the Sudoku puzzles. And if my magazine doesn’t have untouched puzzles, I’m not above stealing my neighbor’s magazine!
- Turbulence = prayer time.
- Despite knowing how I can be when I’m hangry, I almost always forget to pack snacks when travelling.
- Comfort over style is the name of my game when travelling. With that being said, my travel uniform [99% of the time] is a pair of leggings and a big comfy sweater/long sleeve tee/sweatshirt. It really bugs Vishnu when I essentially wear my PJs outside of the house. So naturally I’m not going to change…just to get on his nerves!
Now tell me I’m not the only admittedly quirky one around here!