Barre is all the rage right now. It’s like the kale of the fitness world.
What is barre? Well, I really like Barre3’s explanation – where ballet barre meets yoga and pilates. Basically, you use a barre (or chair if you’re working out at home) to balance your body while alternating between pulsing type movements of various exercises and high reps of small range of motion movements of the same exercises.
I know this doesn’t sound super intense, but it is. Trust me. I went into this whole barre thing a cynic, but it turns out it’s a super effective way to train the body. The puddle of sweat around my yoga mat proves it.
Barre classes at barre studios are pretttty expensive. We’re talking $35 a class expensive. I don’t know about you, but that’s not something we can afford right now.
That’s where Barre3 Online comes in. With Barre3’s [affordable] online workouts, you can turn your living room into a barre studio.
If you can’t tell already, I’m hooked. In fact, it’s been exactly a month since I signed up with Barre3 online. When I first started, I decided to take advantage of the two free weeks. I made a deal with myself that if I did 2-3 workouts a week, I could sign up for the $15 monthly plan. Guess what? I did it! I average about 3 barre workouts a week right now.
If you’re looking to switch things up or just want to try something new, I highly recommend taking advantage of the two week trial.
And if you need more convincing, here are my top five reasons to try Barre3 online…
1. Convenience – For me, the convenience that comes with at home workouts can’t be beat! It’s like having your own personal trainer for pennies a day.
2. Minimal equipment – Barre3 Online workouts require minimal equipment. While there are a few no equipment options (great for when you’re traveling), most require a yoga mat at the very least. If you’re planning to make Barre3 workouts a regular thing, I recommend investing in light hand weights (2-3 pounds) and the Barre3 ab ball. If you’re not ready to buy the ball, a rolled up towel kind of sort of works too.
A little tip if you do want to buy the ball. After signing up, go to the online shop, put the ball in your shopping cart, and don’t check out. I did this and ended up getting a 25% off code emailed to me a couple of days later!
3. Variety – There’s a huge variety of Barre3 Online workouts available. You pick how long of a workout you want (10, 30, 40, or 60 minutes) and what part of the body you want to focus on (upper, lower, total, core, etc.).
Depending on the class you select, you often end up getting some cardio, quite a bit of stretching, and lots of strength all in one!
4. Barre3 is challenging – Like I said before, I used to be super cynical about these kinds of workouts. And then I quaked and I sweated and I took breaks because it’s HARD! After my first 30 minute no equipment workout, I was sore for two days!
Not only is Barre3 physically challenging, but it’s a great mental workout too. You have to focus or you’ll literally fall over! But don’t worry, there’s always someone moderating the movements.
5. Great instructors – When it comes to workout DVDs and online workouts, sometimes the instructors suck or you just don’t jive with their energy. I’ve tried quite a few Barre3 online classes and can personally vouch for how great ALL of the instructors are! It may take a class or two to understand the lingo and flow, but once you get it, every class feels the same regardless of who’s leading. I love that!
I hope you try and love Barre3 online! Let me know if you decide to sign up.
Thanks for reading!
No portion of this post is sponsored. However, there are referral links included. If you sign up using my link, we both get $10 off our subscriptions. Thank you for reading and supporting My Inner Shakti!
Have you ever tried a barre workout? Thoughts?