Time for some life updates! It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about what the heck’s been going on around here. So here we go (in no particular order)…
1. Last week was huge for me career wise. I was promoted to project manager! Honestly, the best part wasn’t the promotion itself but rather all the love I received from my coworkers. I work with some pretty amazing people, and that is something I’m super grateful for.
2. Speaking of wonderful coworkers, Erin was in town last week for a couple of days. She and her husband were going on a cruise that took off from Miami so she was able to work from our office down here. Erin lives in Chicago so this was a VERY welcome change for her. Not only were we able to enjoy the great weather, but we also had the chance to enjoy delicious dinners at new restaurants. Good food plus good company is always a good thing!
3. I’m going to NYC at the beginning of May. It’s a work trip, but I’m still looking forward to exploring the city as much as possible. AND the best part is that I am going to see Aladdin on Broadway!!! My manager and I share a particular fondness for this particular Disney movie, so you can imagine how freakin’ excited we are! We pretty much turn into 10 year old girls every time we talk about it. AHHHHHHHHHHH!
4. My dad was recognized last week…because of my blog! He and my mom were at the (mostly) Indian mall in Atlanta, and someone (hi Jasmine!) asked if he was my dad. He said yes and asked how she knew me, so she mentioned My Inner Shakti. This was cool because I myself have never been recognized in public, so to have my dad be recognized was super exciting…and a little funny!
5. I went to a photography class on Saturday. Best decision ever! Since getting my DSLR camera, I’ve done a little bit of online research on things like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. But it all finally came together for me at the end of this class. Of course, I still need to practice everything I learned, but I’m so much less intimated now. However, this doesn’t mean that I know anything about photo composition…still working on developing an eye for that! Anyways, I plan to blog more about this experience soon!
6. You guys. I made a complete Indian meal…and it tasted it pretty good. This is huge because while I’m decent cook, Indian food is something I have a hard time getting right. Ironic, I know. When I told Vishnu that I was going to make Indian food when Robin and Andy came over, his response was, “No no no no no.” My response back was, “Get over it! We’re eating Indian food.” Well, even my skeptical husband enjoyed the chickpea stew (chole) and spiced potatoes (bataka nu shaak). Go me! Now I just have to make it more often.
7. In less than two weeks, we’ll be attending the wedding of our good friend Naveen! We’ve known Naveen for over 10 years now, and I can’t wait to see him marry the love of his life. I’m so looking forward to celebrating with all of our friends. Love, good friends, good food, and good music – what more do you need?!
8. And last but finally not least the Tough Mudder is this Sunday. WHAT!? I haven’t blogged about my training at all, but I’ve been working on it. And even though I think my strength has increased a little bit, I’m VERY nervous. The running part doesn’t phase me much (right now anyways), but knowing how crazy the obstacles are puts knots in my stomach. Oh well, at least Robin will be by my side – that’s pretty much what’s keeping me sane right now! And while i didn’t blog about the training part, I’ll definitely be posting about the experience.
So tell me, what’s going on in your life right now?