WARNING: This is one of those all over the place and super random type of posts!
I decided to go for a long walk after work yesterday. I was looking to shake up my normal routine and a walk seemed like the perfect way to do so. The original plan was to listen to Jillian Michaels’ newest podcast, but I forgot my headphones at home and was too lazy to go back and get them. So with nothing to distract me, I was left to my own devices.
With that being said, I present to you the randomness that occupied my headspace last night (in no particular order)…
1. Today is my half birthday, which means I turn the big 3-0 is in exactly six months. And surprisingly, I’m really excited to kick off a new decade – hellllloooo 30s!
2. If all goes according to plan, we will be attending 5 weddings within the first 6 months of 2014. I better start saving up vacation days now…well, after our India trip.
3. India. I’m excited and nervous. Excited to see my grandparents/other family members and a part of the country I have yet to visit. Nervous because of the heat and bugs. I’m a spoiled brat.
4. I’m happy for Will and Kate, but I was kind of hoping the Royal Baby would be a girl.
5. Now that it’s a baby boy, I really hope they don’t name him George. It’s just not a very modern prince-like name IMO.
6. As exciting as it was to see Jesse and the Rippers reunited on Jimmy Kimmel, I can’t seem to get the Full House theme song out of my head now. And I’m really glad Vishnu didn’t notice my eyes well up with tears when they sang that particular song. I never would have heard the end of it. I miss the 90s!
7. I wish I had just worked out before work. Why was I so tired and slow moving this morning? And why is it becoming a trend? Oh yeah, it’s because I don’t go to sleep when I should. Instead, I stay up wasting time on the internet and/or watching episodes of Chopped. That needs to change ASAP, especially because I love and value my sleep. Ok, “Operation Sleep” starts….tonight!
8. Will I ever be able to make Indian flatbread the way my mom does? Or will it always taste like a frisbee (Vishnu’s words)? Maybe I should go buy a few packages of naan from Costco as back up. And wait a minute. How can Vishnu make that comparison when I’m pretty sure he’s never tasted a frisbee?
9. Where should we take Aek out to eat this weekend? Rocco’s tacos and Yard Bird for sure. Man, we really don’t like getting out of our restaurant comfort zone. But in our defense, the food at RT and YB is delicious.
10. Is it Friday yet?!
I know what y’all are thinking, “Is this how she really thinks and is she really this random?!” Yes and yes.
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
So tell me, what random thoughts have been floating through your head lately?