1. I love all the messages that I get from “The Universe,” but this week, one in particular really resonated with me…
Do you know what it sometimes means, Parita, when you feel a bit bummed out and aren’t sure why? When you catch yourself looking back over your shoulder and wondering? When you feel doubt, sense uncertainty, and experience fear? When you sometimes wonder what’s taking so long?
It means you’re normal.
A little reminder that we’re all in this together.
2. If y’all haven’t checked out the Skinnytaste blog, I suggest you do so ASAP (after you finish reading this post of course). Gina is a true genius. All of her recipes turn out amazing. Proof…
…this Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas. You guys, this dish is so easy to make, wholesome, and freakin’ delicious. The only changes I made were substituting sliced almonds for pecans/walnuts and using the whole carton of blueberries. I figured it wouldn’t hurt! Make this ASAP!
3. I’m about to reveal how behind the times I am…
Yes, I just discovered the Pandora radio app. My new love! I’m pretty sure I dance my way through my runs and look like a total fool on the treadmill. But I don’t care because I’m having SO MUCH FUN!
4. My cousin and I were talking last week, and she mentioned how much she loves the Desert Essence Facial Cleansing Pads. She nicknamed this product “zap a zip in a minute.” So naturally, I headed over to Whole Foods and bought myself some. I’ve been using it for a week now and can honestly say that I love it too! I’m slowly phasing Proactiv out and using these pads instead. And my face is doing ok…phew. In fact, any breakouts I do have only last a few days at most. My cousin and I highly recommend the Desert Essence skincare line to anyone and everyone experiencing acne and/or other skin problems. It’s AH-MAZING!
5. For the past few months, the new line of Chobani Bites Greek yogurt has been all the rage. And not only in the HLB world. My friend Monica even messaged me a picture of the Coffee with Dark Chocolate Chips kind and said it tasted like dessert. That’s when I knew I had to find this stuff. I went to three different grocery stores and had zero luck. Apparently, the grocery stores in our area are behind the times.
I’m not one to give up, so I started typing. I emailed Chobani, and lucky for me, they responded! And a week or so later, I had a special delivery.
Monica was right. This stuff is like dessert. So far, we’ve tried the Coffee + Chocolate one and the Raspberry + Chocolate kind. Both were awesome, especially when topped with homemade dark chocolate peanut butter granola.
6. And finally…
I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Round 5 of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp. We start on April 1st, and I am SO excited!
For $25, you get 8 weeks worth of workouts, a Facebook support group, and the chance to win some pretty hefty cash prizes. If you’re interested, sign up before March 25 because the price goes up after that. You know you want to!
This round will take me to the beginning of June, which is vacay month. I’m hoping Tina will whip my butt into tip top shape for Turks and Caicos. Can’t wait to work hard and [fingers crossed] see results!
That’s all I got. Have a great weekend, y’all!