Right before the new year, I set a number of daily goals for myself. And seeing that the first month of 2012 is done and over with (CRAZY!), I think it’s time for an honest check-in.
Good thing I don’t believe in perfection!
Let’s see how I’m doing so far…
– I’m more than exceeding the 48 ounce minimum I set for myself with regards to my daily H2O intake. And I think my coworkers can attest to the fact that I am indeed hydrating myself all day long!
– I am definitely eating 3 servings of fruit a day but still need to work on the veggies. I’m going to start meal planning next week, and veggie packed meals are going to be a priority.
– I am proud to report that 99% of my meals have included some sort of protein – eggs, protein powder, peanut butter, beans, tofu, Greek yogurt, etc.
– So as far as the new to me meals go, I did make a few things, but not all of them were blogged about. My bad! I did share my black bean dip recipe though. I do need to get a little bit better with this one though because I can’t say with 100% certainty that I’ve tried one new meal a week.
So far so good…
– Spinning classes are going really well. I’ve been going to two a week pretty consistently. Yay!
– Y’all know about my issue with running, but I’m proud to report that I did complete 4 run/walk (mostly run) miles on Sunday. I listened to my body and walked when needed, but I must say that I felt stronger during that run then I have in a long time. Maybe this changing things up idea really works!
– And I’ve also been strength training twice a week as planned. I’ve been finding a lot of fun full body workouts lately that are perfect for my home gym. And if all else fails, I can always count on Jillian to have my back.
On to some areas that still need improvement…
– As far as prepping for the next day goes, I honestly haven’t been keeping up with this the way I planned. I know it only takes about 15 minutes to do, but on most days I just don’t. It’s kind of frustrating because I know if I can master this, the next morning will be so much easier. I’m going to try harder to stop being lazy and get myself to just do it…February is my month!
– So this next one also has a ton of room for improvement because I haven’t been unplugging at 9:15 every night…more like 9:45. This frustrates me too because it’s not like I’m doing anything important. And I really do need and would love to have an extra 30ish minutes of sleep every day.
– As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve been blogging pretty consistently in 2012. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve had lots of ideas floating around in my head lately. Hopefully this continues…who knows!
– The slow down challenge is still in effect. I’m finding that this one is a little hard to change because I’ve been a fast eater my whole life. And right now, I don’t have anyone to call me out on my speedy ways. But no worries. Vishnu knows that telling me to slow down is going to be one of first husbandly duties come June.
With regards to my food and exercise goals, I’m happy that I’m remembering to incorporate each of those things into my daily routine. However, I think it goes without saying that I need to work on my miscellaneous goals a bit.
It’s ok…as I like to say, we’re all works in progress!
And finally, I want to say that I take back my statement from yesterday about PB2 not being as great as real peanut butter. It’s still nothing like the real thing, but I’m starting to believe that it can and will have a place in my kitchen. It’s all about giving second chances. Take for example my after work snack…
…a Greek yogurt, PB2, honey, and cinnamon dip alongside some fresh strawberries.
I decided to get creative today because I’m sick of eating the same old thing every day. I was about to settle with just yogurt and honey (when true hunger strikes, that’s creative) when I remembered my jar of PB2 at the last minute and mixed some in as well. This. Was. So. Good. A little sweet, a little peanuty, and super delicious – and this coming from someone who isn’t a huge fan of anything but sweetened yogurt with simple toppings. This “dip” would be perfect all on it’s own or with some granola too. Make this a must try!
PB2 Yogurt Dip
1 6 ounce container 0% plain Chobani Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon chocolate PB2
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix all of the ingredients together until smooth and enjoy.
Did you set goals at the beginning of 2012? What’s your progress look like?
Are you a fan of Greek yogurt? Favorite brand?